What are the things you consider when you reply to a question here?

When I reply to a question , I usually try to put myself into the situation and visualize what I would have done, and respond accordingly.

However I've noticed few people respond considering lot of factors ending up attacking a sex, race or nationality or religion...

So, when you respond to a question, do you first check the profile and respond accordingly?

Most Helpful Girl

• With being on Gag for Nearly 3 years as of Sunday, in Replying to every Subject in whatever Category I am Best from from the Rest... Wise Wisdom in Helping Someone, hun, is always what I Carefully Consider when Lending a Helping Hand to Every... Woman or Man. xx

Most Helpful Guy

• If it's a serious question, it deserves a serious answer.

If it's a troll question, then it deserves mockery.

Sponsored

What Girls Said 8

• It depends. If the person is asking for serious help, I'll be serious and respond as best I can with what I feel will be helpful based on what I know about the topic and the person. If it's a silly question, I'll be silly.

• I try to visualisze myself in the situation , and imagine how I'd feel or what I'd do. Or I'll speak from my own experiences.

I never check their profile when answering questions. A lot ask in anon anyway.

Sometimes if I get a vibe the person is trolling I'll check to see their remarks on other users opinions. If the asker is intentionally mean, rude , insulting or antagonizing people I'll scroll by the question.

I'm a genuinely compassionate person so even if I can't help I'll try to show compassion. Sometimes you don't always need an answer to solve a problem you just need someone too vent or offload to. Someone who'll listen. It seems to lift the burden a little

• I am the same way, I usually put myself in the person shoes and respond. I sometimes dont like people who post a long story on here. It depends on the mood I am in. I usually dont feel like reading long drawn out stores. So I will bypass questions like that

• Well it depends on the question actually
    If it is a clear troll question or stupid question, then I give some crazy answer.

For a serious question as you said I put myself in their shoes. Or answer from my POV if I have already been in a similar situation.

I sometimes do check their profile just to see if their cultural background has influenced the question. So I can answer accordingly.

Even I have got racist comments thrown at me but I don't give a f**k. It is internet and people can do whatever they want here without facing severe consequences

• The main thing I consider is whether or not to even reply. If I don't think I have anything useful to say I won't answer at all.

• i just write whatever i think when i read it

• 0. what kind of question this is, is it just pointless n pervy/ dirty.. etc
    1. do I really have a helpful answer
    2. hasn't anyone replied with the same answer

• answer according to questioner mentality

What Guys Said 5

• I read the question and the given details carefully and insert the data in my mind and analyze the matter and bring out all the possible theories, suggestions and opinions that i can come up with. Also as you mentioned visualization is one of my norm behaviors. To be honest, usually i can show empathy and even come up with best solutions while personally i haven't experience a subject, that comes with my visualization. I picture everything and analyze subjects very carefully throughout my mind.

I would also look at someone's profile sometimes, but not for the reasons you have mentioned, for instance, someone asks a very general question and i get suspected that it could be a cultural matter, so i check their profile to see where they are from to be able to know what possible culture they grew in so i could give the best possible answer. Sometimes i go checking a profile because i wanna make sure their age according the question they have asked.

I don't attack anyone's sex, race, nationality and religion. I am in this community to do my best to be helpful, contribute and participate in people's lives and issues as much as possible. Also to study people and hearing their stories, knowing their opinions and be shared by their experiences.

• Gender is the first thing I look at... If the person went anonymous or not is important... Age also, then the general kind of opinion they've displayed, which allows me to get a guess of what their general feelings and opinions are on what they've addressed, which in turn can let me project what their feelings towards my response will be.

• I haven't been lately. Kind of on a rapid fire answer kick. I strangely get more likes by just going off the top of my head lol

• I find if a question has a good amount of detail then I'm able to give an opinion as if I were in their shoes. If the question is vague I will try to answer to the best of my ability based on experiences.

• How stupid the question is and how much I give a shit