Should there be an age restriction on GaG?

In the last few days, I got in a few arguments with some kids on a few questions. The oldest one of them was 16. Others were 14, 15, 13, Im not even sure anymore. As you know arguments and discussions happen often on this site. However these kids were fucking retarded. Its one thing to have a different opinion, even exchange insults. But these kids literally provide no arguments, no evidence, nothing. They just keep repeating the same line over and over again. Imagine me saying that Obama is white, and you all say "he is black, where did you get that idea" and post pictures of him and everything, and I just reply "no, he is white". That kind of shit. Also, a 14 year old girl threatened that she will come with her friends and cut me up (or something like that). There are more examples, Im just too lazy to write. Anyway, the only thing in common these little retards have is their age. So what are your opinions? Should there be an age restriction on GaG? Did you have any encounters with stupid kids on this site?

• Yes
  • No
Select a gender to cast your vote:

1010

Most Helpful Girl

• I think the age limit should be much older. There are a few cool people under 18... but most don't give the best advice

Most Helpful Guy

• I think GAG should have a filter like youtube where if a question is listed as 18+ underage users can't see it or respond to it. There are a lot of adult related topics people can't talk about here without getting their question taking down for being too explicit.

What Girls Said 9

• I do not think so. If you have an issue with someone, either ignore them, block them or report them to admins if they break the rules. Threats sound like a big break of the rules.

• I just didn't feel lile going all childish in the same way they did. They actually reported every comment I wrote, so my profile was frozen for 48h

• Nah, I'd prefer young people to be able to come here and have their questions answered.

• This is a site for male female relationships. And this site is full of assholes and weirdos. This is like the worst place possible for kids to get their answers

• Thats the stuff they should learn from their parents really. As you probably saw yourself, there are nany sick fucks here who are into some weird shit. And kids can think thats normal. Internet overall is a very bad place for a kid to get his/her information. At least until they are older. Don't get me wrong, I used the internet when I was their age but I already knew the basics

• Not all parents talk to their kids about this stuff, and Lord knows you can't rely on the school system to teach reliable sex ed. Yes there are some weirdos here, just like anywhere, but most people here are sane and helpful.

• There is already an age restriction. It's 13 and I think it's good!

• I don't think it's enough, as I said, I ran into kids over 13 who were really stupid and annoying

• There is an age restriction, it's 13. Young teenagers have a lot of questions, it's what this site is about.

• Kids can be smart. I know at 16 I was smarter than most 50 year olds. I don't think we need to ban everyone just because there are some idiots.

• Of course they can, I wasn't a fucking idiot at 16 either, but on this site I met very few kids who are normal. Usually they are stupid and annoying

• yeah there should be for sexual topics

• Yeah there are stuff on here that's inappropriate for kids anyway. I wouldn't want my kid to be on this site, that's for sure.

• I don't think there should be an age restriction but perhaps a forum for users over a certain age or age restrictions on questions might be useful.

• What's the point? They would lie.

• Just like youtube and porn sites. What is the point at all in trying to shield children? If they want to look at porn on the internet they can easily do it.

• Sadly, thats true. But this is not as tempting as porn so I guess it would still reduce the amount of the little rat bastards

What Guys Said 9

• Nope, they will find a way to join this site even though there is a restriction. I'm pretty sure my thirteen year old cousin is capable of lying about his age and acting like he's over 18...

• Be the grownup and walk away and don't get into arguments with kids. I usually will laugh it off and not reply. GAG isn't serious.

• I know, but they would not let me go. After I wrote this question my account was frozen for 48 hours because those little retards reported every comment I wrote

• I would appreciate it if you didn't paint us all with the same brush. There are idiot adults as well, too. These ones are just less mature :/

Personally, I don't think there's much of a point in putting a restriction in. If kinds want to see something, they'll find a way. Normally by lying about their age.

• You do not fall in this category, you are 17, so you are almost an adult. Plus, you seem normal. But the kids I mentioned were a totally different story, stupid, uninformed and had no arguments, yet they just keep annoying you over and over again, and writing threats and insults. I mean its pointless

• I was here when I was 15 too. I don't think there's any point in having an age restriction, though. Let's say for a moment that it did somehow keep everyone out, it would still be unfair to the "normal" kids, who just want to talk with other people.
      Just my opinion, anyway.

• Yes. If you aren't at least 16 you shouldn't be allowed here in my opinion

• There already is an age restriction... you complain of 'little retards' but you're scarcely older nor acting that much more mature complaining about them like this.

• The little failed abortions reported every comment I wrote, my account was frozen for 48h. And why? Because they claimed some bullshit, I called it bullshit and they had nothing to back up their statements, so they resorted to insults, threats and eventually reporting

• Honestly any arguments on G@G are retarded. I'll practice what I preach at some point..

• I only encountered one person who was kind of insulting. I just ignored her.

• nahhh

• There is a age restriction it's 13.