How do you feel about Anonymous posters on GaG?

• I assume they are all trolls and tend to avoid posts/comments written by anonymous
    5%(2)6%(5)Vote7%(3)
  • I feel it's pathetic that they hide behind an anon post/question/take even if what they've said isn't bad
    13%(5)17%(14)Vote21%(9)
  • I really don't care one way or the other. I read/respond to them like everyone else. Doesn't affect me.
    82%(32)77%(62)Vote72%(30)

Most Helpful Guy

• It has given me the chance to ask a few questions that I'm kind of embarrassed to Ask, which is ridiculous really because I don't even use my real name in here or country or relationship status, and English is not even my first language, and yet since I always like to mantain a sense of decorum, I do use the anonymity, but mostly for asking questions

Most Helpful Girl

• I think its totally okay if its something someone's embarrassed about, like they have a weird fetish they want to talk about or something. When it comes to making mean comments though, its cowardly.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 19

• Many are trolls or 'point farmers' who give two word 'answers' just to grub for the silly Amazon cards. I tend not to answer their questions. Unless it's a subject that really would be delicate for them.

And I almost NEVER allow anonymous answers, so I rarely have problems with trolls.

• I don't perceive them any differently, but I do sometimes try to guess who they are.

• They're fine as far as I'm concerned.

It's ironic though how people bash anonymous posters for being insecure when they're the ones who feel the need to attack for stupid reasons.

• Okay, backtracking. I did shame an anon poster once for being an anon, but he was picking a fight so. :/

• I get the troll thing... I do... it annoys everyone of course, but to assume just b/c one posts Anon that they are all out to troll is stupid. Some just like to have a bit more privacy, or aren't confident in what they are posting or don't want to be harassed based on their questions or takes by the people who do then go start messaging and tracking certain users and sending or posting horrible messages. I feel like who cares. If the person posting has something to say, and you can read and understand it, and they aren't trolling or bothering anyone, what difference does it actually make whether you see "some picture" that probably isn't even them next to their name. It's so crazy how people believe that just because someone puts up a picture they are being honest or truthful when they don't even know if that's a real picture of the person to begin with.

• some are trolls, some are pathetic assholes who have to hide because they don't have the balls to stand to the crap they post, others just care about privacy or feel uncomfortable talking about certain stuff. And there are probably a dozen other reasons... so it really depends on the person. Generally I don't mind but there are many I wouldn't miss if they'd deactivate

• no issues with that.

• no different to other people tbh

• An anon asking opinions on anons - that's perfect 👍

• I respond to them but anyone would is anonymous is just showing lack of credibility on what they say.

• LOL... how so? I mean this post is of course Anon, but having read it, do you honestly think I needed or you needed me to be perceived as being more credible to write this question? I mean it's not like we're out here trying to expose corporate corruption... it's just a social media site where people come to waste valuable time. To further the point, how does someone's picture of a cat or their fake ID name on here make them any more or less credible. You posted a picture... is that even you? How would any body but you know? You're not credible by any stretch of the imagination based on an internet photo and made up ID name.

• People are more cautious if they can hurt their reputation.

• I agree IRL, but from my experience, those online that set out to harm, to speak ill of others, and be rude and mean, don't tend to put up pictures of their real selves or post using their real names or info anyway because they know what they are doing and more specifically that it's wrong.

• Are you the anon that wrote the take about internet behavior/etiquette/whatever it was?

• Some people prefer privacy and I have nothing against it

• They are pathetic losers too worried about what others think so hide behind a anon. This site needs a real-name policy like Quora has.

• ah the irony

• I couldn't care less about them...

• I don't care

• people have reasons to be anon.. no biggie.

• I hate when people go anon. I don't get it

• I really don't care.

• I hate them. The obviously have issues!

What Girls Said 15

• Some people go anon because they don't want attention. Some do it for privacy.

• "C" for Can't deny any Girl nor Guy.
    I post in the Pink myself when it is a Sore Sport Subject with Some, hun. Everyone under the Sun has their own Motives in Mind. xx

• I don't care. And I always answer anonymously. I skip questions that doesn't allow anonymity - not matter what the question is about. It doesn't affect me, only the people who doesn't allow it (they get fewer opinions on their questions).

• I always go anon when posting anything on gag.

• I don't have a problem with it. This entire site is anonymous. Would do I care if I can see their username or not

• Respond to them like the people they are. Do question why they go anon for opinions that aren't even weird.

• Anons fuel my fire.
    I'd leave this website if the anon feature was taken away, after all, they're the main source of entertainment.

• Don't care. I answer regardless if you're anon or not. Though most pink anons are dudes behind that pinkness :P

• idc what they do
    Just another user

• i don't care

• I don't care.

• everyone wants to be anonymous sometimes. there's nothing wrong with it

• It's all part of GaG i do it because i don't want the attention, not to troll just to be private, not all anons are trolls contrary to poular belief, so i don't have a problem with anons, i really don't care, it's a choice.

• There are some controversial topics, its the world wide web, if someone posts anon- I assume its because they're smart and safe enough to not be reckless about their online privacy. Personally, I hate it, what cowards... who cares if someone recognizes you and uses this against you outside of GaG. We have to take Anon's seriously and get rid of them completely.. Gag would be so much more popular and better without it ;p

• Wheres the option for: I Am an Anon