Why does gag remove questions with screen shots of messages from the gag-system bot in it?

Why does gag remove questions with a screenshot showing why another question/comment was taken down?
Gag shouldn't have anything to hide, right?
If it's a message in my inbox, why can't I share it?

They just removed my mod status due to this too! LOL

113

Most Helpful Guy

• The surface reason is because in the FAQ, it states:
    "When a post of yours is hidden or removed you will receive a message with a general explanation as to why your post was hidden or removed. If you think the decision was not right please send a message through Contact and we will check the decision to remove the post. Please DO NOT post Questions/myTakes asking why specific posts were removed, as those Questions/myTakes will be removed as well. Come to us with those questions"

In other words, I'd say that it is because the admins want people to complain directly to the admins instead of posting questions on it.

I can only guess the reasons why, but I imagine part of it is because the users themselves can't really do anything about it. Us users can only speculate. Even if it was the most unfair post of all, it would only serve to create a witch hunt mentality. That is, people get angry and pissy with the system but not much results from it. The admins would like the complaints directly to the system via the contact box or whatever, so they can get more direct feedback instead of questions which they may/may not see.

TL;DR; They don't want a negative attitude brewing while they are unaware of it.

That's my speculation of it at least.

Most Helpful Girl

• Mine hasn't been taken down yet. Shall see!

• Lucky. They seem to dislike me. Mine wasn't even up for a full minute.

• yours are private messages, that's something different. usually they don't take them down as long as you hide the persons identity. a taken down comment or question is differently... they took it down and you repost parts of it

• @Yumix ahh yeah I blocked out their username

Sponsored

What Guys Said 12

• Iunno. I could understand it if it is a message regarding a moderating decision, that would be fairly standard practice on forums like this, to not post about moderating decisions. If it's just a generic system message then I don't really see the harm. Still, I do understand that there may be logic behind it that I'm missing.

• Because they can. You must be trying to get on GAG naughty list next year. Your getting things removed left and right haha.

• I will always be faithful to Supreme Commander GAG Bot with the belief that GAG will always emerge victorious under his/her/its leadership.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUxRE-OXQUE

• Sometimes people misuse our previous communication. GAG does not like it. You are just caught in the technicalities of the policy , although you may not be wrong.

• LOL! 😂😂😂

I guess depending on what it shows it's similar than reposting the actual question/comment? But funny that they removed your mod status hahaha

• I know lmfao

• I should have done the same lol

• they said I can send feedback on how to improve it... but they can't even be bothered fixing the bugs I report, so I don't see why I should do their work just so they won't change anything anyway

• @rgb008 no real answer to be fair, but after stumbling in after New Years Eve, let me chuck a genuine "All the best despite beingy drunk" Happy New Year out! All the best to everyone! lol

• Because like most systems where there are people in charge, even in a non serious environment such as GaG, people in positions of authority cannot take criticism/being asked questions. Tldr: they are cocksuckers

• gag is getting more weirder each day

• Coz they are ***************

Once I get to 7,000 I'm deactivating

• Because they conspiring to destroy us

• That's odd

• In which movies did you play

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!