Do you want a "no reply' option to your posts in threads?

When you post a response in a thread do you want there to be a "no reply" option so people cannot respond to your input?

why or why not? What are your thoughts on this?

Most Helpful Guy

• I understand what you're getting at, sometimes it would be nice if people responded to the OP instead of shooting down the opinions of others. However, even if you didn't allow direct replies they could still reference your comment in their own opinion anyway.

I tend to take the view that if you post an opinion on the internet you have to expect that it might get commented on, disagreed with, trolled, attacked, etc. That's just life and it generally does us no harm to experience that. There is no obligation to reply to a comment on your opinion. If your opinion is good enough and you're happy with it then it can speak for itself, you don't need to justify or clarify it.

• I completely agree with this. Literally anything you post on the internet has the likelihood to get a response. I could state my favorite color and I'd get called a wench for it. Lmao

Most Helpful Girl

• That would appeal only to people for whom thinking that they they are right is more important than learning something. These are the people who need to hear conflicting opinions the most.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 19

• Nope. When someone posts a question looking for advice and someone gives an opinion that is wrong, then someone who knows better should be able to warn the asker that the opinion is wrong. The most serious cases are when someone asks for some medical advice (which they really should be going to a doctor), or a question that has legal consequences, if the advice given is wrong, especially if dangerous, then someone who knows better should be able to warn the asker that that opinion is wrong and dangerous.

If you don't want anyone to have the ability to comment on your opinion, then you likely know or suspect that you are wrong and are afraid of being called to prove yourself.

• No, I don't want it and I wouldn't use if it was there. I couldn't care less what about anyone here has to say to me and I can't get triggered by texts of walls on a screen.

Newsflash: My opinions are not up for debate. Take it or leave it... I will ignore you if I strongly disagree with you. I will block/report you if you harass me.

• It would probably do more harm than good.

• You could almost say that the entire purpose of this site is for people to respond. To limit said option makes GAG null in a way.

• this is an advice site!!! It's oxymoronic to to allow replies to your opinion. You can always block people if they get really out of hand.

You shouldn't be here if you can't handle people disagreeing with you.

• No. But I'm weird. I like the chaos of disagreement 😈

• No i just mute the entire question when i feel i no longer want to argue when the other person keeps going.

• IF you can't go toe to toe and debate your intellectual position, don't post.

• that's ridiculous

• you're just trolling now by going out of your way to be needlessly obnoxious, hence proving my point.

• So rather than actually provide a single intelligent reason in favor of your opinion you accuse me of trolling.

http://i.imgur.com/kpwcQY8.jpg

• I think there is one. Maybe it's just on mytakes.

• No. That's not what this site is about.

• yes... along with a "last seen" and/or read/delivered

• I think there is somehow? I made a comment once and some A hole responded with some really immature remark and then somehow made it so I couldn't reply to it again. Not sure how though? It was the asker that did it so?

• That might not be fair. You are in a social media but not allowing others to argue/add values to your comments.

• that's weapon for trolls, spammers and irresponsible people. so No

• No, because that would be heaven for trolls and also people would just reply with a @mention in their own opinions and things would become confusing.

• Nope, that will be a gift to trolls.

• No if they say something stupid I'll just report them

• nope i dont want that

• if you dont want replies then dont ask... simple really and thats what 'my takes' are for by the way

What Girls Said 13

• Nah, that wouldn't allow for discussion, which can contribute to the community feel of the site as well as provide more advice and insight.

• I think that would be ridiculous, considering that the whole point of this site is to spark discussions. You can't spark discussions if people suddenly decide that they want to voice their opinion but not listen to other people's opinions. If they can't handle having other people respond to what they posted, then they shouldn't be on a site like this in the first place. And if someone is harassing you or spamming on your posts, you can just block them. No need to shut out everyone because of that one person.

• Yes... My Box Only for Me and the Asker.
    Been wishing this from Day One, hun, along with "Delete" and "Edit."xx

• It should be available. My answers aren't up for debate , I won't change my view or opinion just cos some random person on gag disagrees or has a different opinion. I never jump on other people's opinion threads , it's rude and disrespectful.

• No that just take the fun out this site. Which is Q&A yes there are a ton of crazy people on here that like to troll and fuck around but there are also a lot of people who want answers to a serious question! so no i don't think it be a great option to have on this site. Plus if it's that serous then report and get the off this site. Instead of dwelling like mold yuck

• Plus you can't receive my witty commentary to your answers... ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰

• i just re read my answer and excuse me for my mistakes on spelling. This phone is not agreeing.

@Toad-1 right! I' be so sad then :P

• Which may sometimes be not so much witty as just sillyness lol

• No, that would be literal troll heaven.

• Nah, I like seeing replies, even if I don't respond to them all or don't agree with them.

• There already is. I've had multiple people block me because I disagreed with their opinion.

• I see you've met Ivoriangirl

• I haven't had that *pleasure* yet. The only username I remember that I got blocked from was Thrifty something

• just coz you don't agree doesn't make you wrong... its the best part.. intellectually dialogue is fun

• I wish there was one, not because of a disagreement of opinion but because the creepers that reply to comments.

• Sure, that would be powerful weapon against trolls and arrogant assholes

• No, what would be the point in asking a question if you don't want opinions?

• No I mean you responding to another persons quuestion

• @Wonderer89 ahaha! You're so attractive to me right now <3

• @super147 I get that a lot. But of a hound dog you know?

As in I'm literally hounded by dogs trying to eat my crumbs #foreveralone

• no that's stupid

• Ummm no... trolls are all over the place.