How does GAG know if you made duplicate accounts or not?

I just got a message that I have duplicated accounts. I don't get it considering this is the only one. Does anyone know where they based it on?

Most Helpful Guy

• email address would be my guess as well; but they could be looking at other things like IP addresses, usernames, etc.

• But no one knows my email addres and maybe my neighbors in the building have this too

• You have to provide an email address to get an account, I believe. Even if you connect with Facebook or Google, in the fine print of the GaG agreement, you're giving them access to your email address and contact details. Your IP address would be specific to your device; they're unique, unless you're behind a NAT device (such as on a school network or library). But I'd still put my money on email.

• Pff okay thanks I guess someone knows my email then

What Guys Said 2

What Girls Said 3

• Seeing the IP addresses are the same usually helps. I'm not sure on your case, though, if you really don't have a second account.

• Maybe it's not duplicate accounts, maybe you meant duclipate posts (questions)? Anyways only admins can know that

• I imagine they can see the IP.