How Come Certain Posts Get Removed While Worst Posts Remain?

I've seen posts by myself and others get removed for "Nonsense" or "Offensive" reasons and I can understand that, but then I also see posts by other users who have posted the same thing or even worse not even get reprimanded (Let alone removed).

The only conclusion that I can come to is that GAG's mods and admins operate on a "Need to know" basis and target whatever they come across in the moment. I find it unfair that certain users can post something and be targeted for removal while other users seemingly get away with anything.

Most Helpful Girl

• Funny how so many non-mods have spoken for the mods when basically almost none of them have any moderating experience on gag.
    It's kinda hard to moderate stuff properly here since we would basically have to go through the entire site manually in order to catch every single bad post. REPORT MORE POSTS YOU FIND BREAK THE GUIDELINES! We're not going to see every single question/post/comment that needs to be removed, that would be impossible. We do, however, have a page for reported posts that other users have flagged, and we can skim through those immediately and easily. But that page is usually empty, so either the other mods are quicker than me, or regular users on here just aren't reporting the posts they find offensive.
    If it's urgent you can also send a direct link to a mod that has the inappropriate post.
    So if one post gets removed and the other doesn't, it most likely means that the one post was seen by a mod, and the other one wasn't. It's not unheard of that mods have different gut feelings and that some let things fly while others don't, but if the posts were practically identical then it most likely boiled down to one being seen and the other not.
    So instead of complaining about mods not going through the whole site manually and basically spending all our time of being awake doing an unpaid job, you could all help us out a little by reporting the posts YOU find offensive or by sending us the direct links through PM.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 7

• Yeah there's this guy who posted with a link to a video of a decapitation scene and I have no idea what it's still doing on here

• Hey as a mod I've seen this too. It's mind boggling to me how the most minor shit can be removed and ya I get it GAG policy and what not. but STILL I've seen crazy shit not being taken down and users spamming the shit outta this place and nothing being done. it's ridiculous. you're not the oNLY ONE. I'm sure there are mods out there that feel the same too

• bad mods lol

• Example of one of yours that got removed and a similar one that didn't?

My guess is it comes down to tone.

• My answer to a Turkey question got removed 😑

• I feel you.
    It's annoying but I guess it's hard to moderate everything on here.

• the mods are scum

What Guys Said 10

• Welcome to gag

• I was a gag "mod" at some point. No offense but their moderating system is very arbitrary.

I've been mod in other forums, and they generally have a thread outside of the main website where they keep direct communication among themselves and admins to monitor the activity as a collective. Sure, it's extra work for the admins, but it gives a very strategic and efficient way to mods to actually keep up with the stuff going on the website.

• No offense taken. I figured it was arbitrary.

What happened to your Mod status by the way?

• Closed my account and stopped using gag for about two months until I opened a new one.

If you are referring about the other forum I was registered to I just appreciated them the chance but I have a life to care of lol

• I think it's because there is a favoritism problem on here...

• Mods absolutely target what they come across in the moment. There's no systematic review going on. When someone with mod status sees something to be hidden they hide it.

Questions are therefor more likely to be hidden than comments and responses to comments that degenerate into arguments the least - nobody is reading those.

• The mods sometimes target specific people, or they didn't see that other much more offensive post. But really tho more often they target certain people

• There's a certain bias among not all but many of the mods

• The mods may share different criteria or opinion than you when it comes to determining what's appropriate. Indeed some posts may just fall through the cracks due to inattentiveness on their part--most are just volunteers as far as I know so they can't be expected to monitor the feed 24/7. No system works perfectly. At the end of the day, are you really that troubled by the questions that appear here? I worry what will happen when you encounter such things in real life.

• Believe me kid, I've experienced much more in my life than you have. I'm just pointing out the fact that there seems to be users who get removed for something and then in the same thread a user could post the same exact opinion and be left alone. Just an observation. Nice smugness though.

• Welp. 🤕

• Mods are more likely to remove post they personally disagree with and leave the ones they like.

• It's because there's a mob rule on here that has been mistaken as mod.. Fortunately you can get certain posts/questions back if you contact the right admins.

• there's this guy with a penis as profile pic i have reported it but nothing happens.