Why no downvote justification?

GAG reintroduced the down vote a while ago. Would it be more constructive if downvotes could only be made alongside a written reason for that downvote? I get seriously pissed off by pointing out basic facts rather than opinions and then being downvoted.

There were no real helpful opinions, so I'll leave it to the GAG machine to select one for me.

311

Most Helpful Girl

• Why do you care so much about people disagreeing with you? Lol not everyone is going to think like you. Just let it go.
    Especially on this site, I get so many downvotes when I say it shouldn't matter if a white woman dates a black guy. Do you really care about validation from these people?

And having to write a reason before you downvote is fucking stupid. The system is fine as is.

Most Helpful Guy

• Actually I have had a few of my posts removed lately due to them being "Nonsense" or "antagonistic". I think I have the right to voice my opinion, but if they offend someone they can be removed, whatever... Therefore, is it not only fair to have down-votes removed because they are against being "helpful" and "caring" and "considerate"?

" We strive to keep GirlsAskGuys a helpful and caring community for all. Please be more considerate with your future posts. Thank you for understanding!"
    When my post insults or bothers someone to the point they feel justified in reporting it and further more by having it removed, should it not be fair to have down votes removed as well because they are also insulting and bothersome?

Sponsored

What Girls Said 2

• No - we'd be here all day with that and it would go back and forth forever. People need to ask the question correctly and update if necessary.

• Same could be said about the upvotes.

• Just finished going through the comments to this question,. Not saying you did it but some guy down voted every comment that disagreed with you & not a comment saying why?

• Exactly my point! People seen too scared to say why!

• Yea but only it doesn't bother me.

What Guys Said 10

• Justification leads to arguments.

I have better things to do than to argue with someone online.

• No. Why care what a bunch or random idiots (yes, most of the people on this site are retarded) disagree with you?

• No, that's just fucking stupid. It's a downvote on a random internet site that has no real effect on who you are as a person. If it's that goddamn traumatic to get downvoted, maybe you should look into a therapist.

• No, NO.

• Who honestly gives a shit when they get downvoted?

• i wish I could downvote questions

• many people would just put nonsense in there if they are forced to it or just roll with the face over the keyboard. and those who wanna give a justification can already do so by just commenting.

more useful would be if you can make a comment when reporting stuff...

• If you get pissed off by gag then it's time to take a break.

• Nah. Leave it the way it is. Don't really care much for downvote of upvotes any how

• "Would it be more constructive if downvotes could only be made alongside a written reason for that downvote?"

No, that would be a huge pain in the ass. It's fine the way it is.