Isn't calling someone a troll a reason to remove a post?

I only ask because whenever I do it it happens to me, or when I report a male member, it is removed, but for some reason GAG is trying very hard not to apply the same rules to female posters.

• I know
    25%(1)38%(3)Vote50%(2)
  • I don't know
    75%(3)62%(5)Vote50%(2)
Updated question, why is it someone says I am a troll, I say the exact same thing to someone trolling me and MY comment gets removed, but not the other one?

Most Helpful Girl

• Sometimes, I guess it's enough. Other times, maybe the user really is being a troll and needs to be told as such.

• Ok updated question, why is it someone says I am a troll, I say the exact same thing to someone trolling me and MY comment gets removed, but not the other one?

• Welllllll, you would like to think so. That has been a problem on the site, though, and I see your issue with it. It seems as if the rules apply to some, but not to all, even if it seems the same kinds of things have been said. I agree that it should be equal in that sense. However, the full decision is not up to me or any other mod. Mods can only hide the posts. Admins are the ones that make the say on whether or not to remove a comment or reinstate it.

• Thanks for MHO.

Most Helpful Guy

• There are so many trolls on this website. That would be an absurd reason to remove someone's post.

• It has happend to me mutliple times. Just now in fact when I said the same thing that was said to me!

Sponsored

What Girls Said 4

• I have never removed a post because someone called someone a troll... they likely are a troll... why not point it out?

• maybe a mod didn't notice the other person's comment? Either way I don't think a comment should get deleted from troll accusations. We are human though and we do make mistakes.

• But aren't the rules of the site supposed to be applied to all users? Or am I mistaken? If calling one person a troll is a violation, why is it so when another does it?

• Did you not read anything I just posted? The matter of the fact is that either you are being incorrectly reported or the troll accusations you've seen have failed to be noticed by the mods. We aren't god where we see all posts all the time. If we don't look at a question then we don't see the comments so we miss it. It is purposeful. My best bet though is that you are getting wrongly reported because someone misunderstands the rules

• I personally wouldn't remove a post if all it did was say someone was a troll, regardless of whether it was a male or female poster. That doesn't seem like something that breached the site rules.

• Not if it is true.

• What is a troll?

What Guys Said 3

• Get over it. Life is not fair.

• I guess it depends on the situation, but generally no

• why do you report a dude