What makes you follow a person on GaG?

Rather simple question but what makes you want to follow a person on here? I've some people who follow thousands and some with hardly any at all.

What do you use the follow function for and what sort of person do you tend to follow?

1|1

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't follow back. I don't see a reason. This is not Facebook where you have to "accept" the request and add them in order to become friends. I have a lot of G@G friends I'm not even following. The significance of following someone here is to have their opinions on top to easily read them, get their questions in 'recommended questions' page/panel and myTakes in "recommended myTakes" page/panel. And their activity in news feed.

I follow the people who :-
    ☻Post witty, humorous, helpful, perspicacious, creative or in-depth opinions.
    ☻Ask clever, tricky, genuine questions and don't ask just for validation.
    ☻Write eloquent, original, new, beautiful and to-the-point myTakes.
    ☻Some people who think like me or are informative & some acquaintances.
    ☻People who are suffering from cancer so that I'd check it if they're online so, I'd try to make their life happier.

Things I don't do :-
    ☻Following someone just because she's a girl
    ☻Following someone just because she's aesthetically attractive
    ☻Following someone just because he/she's popular here
    ☻Following someone just because he/she followed me first.
    ☻Following someone just because he/she's nice and is my friend.

I unfollow the people who :-
    ☻Start to bitch about everything
    ☻Start to post one liner answers and hunt xper

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• - They give good advice.
    - They're funny.
    - We get along well in comments and such.
    - They've followed me.

Those are the typical reasons I follow someone. It could be any combination of those.

0|0
    0|0
Sponsored

Have an opinion?

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 25

What Girls Said 15

• I have 672 Followers, maybe a Few good Friends Here, dear.
    However, Mainly Someone, hun, will Follow me First, but I too will Follow back sometimes as well.
    However, Out of the Blue because some is very special, I Once in a Blue Moon, will Press a Button to Begin with. xx

0|0
    0|0
  • I follow people that I have similar opinions with. I also follow some people just because they were funny. A couple because I like our conversation.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't really follow many people, just those whose opinions I enjoy reading consistently and don't send dick pics 👌🏼

0|0
    0|0
  • If I see that they're genuinely cool and interesting people. They've also all followed me first so I return the gesture (?) I guess. It's mostly a vibe thing

0|0
    0|0
  • I tend to follow people that I can connect with or that help me out a lot, ya know? I don't want to follow everyone that I comment on.

0|0
    0|0
  • If they follow me I follow them back. If I do it myself its because we had a conversation and I liked them

0|1
    0|0
  • What they say, or sometimes to support a fellow teen (most people tend not to take us very seriously).

0|0
    0|0
  • If they follow me I follow back and if they always have good advice to offer.

0|1
    0|0
  • in general i follow people i interact with mostly
    never message or follow anyone without knowing them out here first

0|0
    0|0
  • If I like their opinions;

0|0
    0|0
  • Few people followed me first, so I followed back. If somone says something interesting or I strongly agree with them on something, I'll follow.

0|0
    0|0
  • If they post interesting things and the ones that follow me first

0|0
    0|0
  • Whoever makes me laugh gets a follow.

0|0
    0|0
  • They just follow me lol

0|0
    0|0
  • if i like their opinions or questions