Conflicted about leaving this site?

I want to leave this site because there's too much negativity and I have better things to do than argue with a stranger who may have tunnel vision because the only opinions they believe are true, are their own. But at the same time, it's where I go when I need help, (at this point, it's a habit to check this site everyday and I don't know why but I can't stop) but I've been trying to make more decisions myself without the assistance of strangers on the internet. I have a bad relationship with my family. One minute they're saying one thing, the next they're saying that contradicts that. However most of the time, I don't want advice I just want to vent. Of course it doesn't help that certain users are more attached to me than I am to them and they invite me to answer their stupid questions. Like why is this guy so big and muscular? Because he fucking works out?

Most Helpful Guy

• You can always take a pause. No need to terminate your account when you could just not log on. Plenty of people do that until they come back when they need to.

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe just try to take a break from the site, whether that'd be a week or a month or forever. It allows you to come back if you truly need the advice or want to vent without starting a new account.

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 8

• I barely logged on during my 3-week vacation. It was time for a break. A particular user really got under my skin and I was ready to quit because of that. But there are folks here I would miss and I like helping. So I'm glad I just took a break.

• Stick around.. There's always going to be those that want to argue and all that. There's still a lot of kickass users that keep me around.

• well its entirely upto you wouldn't be missing too much then again the site is mega helpfull helps me a lot

• You have a good heart. Please don't let a few affect your contributions. We need more good people like you in the world. Try to focus on positives and perhaps follow those who post things that you value.

• All personal interactions are give and take. That's how it works.

• I have left and come back several times no big deal

• https://youtu.be/e22Mun9fdl0
    USA USA USA USA USA!!

• And your question is?

What Girls Said 6

• I am so sorry for your own Personal Problems at Home and also on Here, dear. it happens, On Gag and Of, very Often.
    Don't Deactivate. You might Find you will be Sorry. Take a Break, Take care of your Issues and Post ANON when you want, Block who you Need to, and Consider the Sorry Sources that Tend to Bend Behind the Computer Wall and All.
    Good Luck. xx

• well take a really long break

• LMAO!!! That guy is a loser.. haha
    Anyways I think you should stay. Only come on when you feel like it or want to ask a question.

• Just go cold turkey. It helps to get off this godforsaken website every once in a while.

• Why leave it, just dont visit as often.

• My friend is thinking the same thing