Is there any way to turn off the annoying back ground sound on GAG?

I was going to say music but it's not music.

Damned if I know it seems to be gone now.

65

Most Helpful Guy

• I have not heard any music since I upped my Xper and got rid of ads.

• It may have been something with the YouTube vids. Just in case you didn't notice I'm well over the xper level 7.

• Yep. I was just saying...

Most Helpful Girl

• I haven't heard the background sound/music in a while from G@G. If it happens again, you can always just turn down the sound or mute the tab.

What Guys Said 4

• I don't hear a back ground sound?

• This is the second question I've seen about it and i still dont know what people are talking about

• what sound?

• Might be it's only me. I'm on my desk top.

• It has happened 3-4 times now over the past week or 2. whenever I clicked on a you tube vid.

• it might be possible that whenever you click on a youtube video a pop up opens

• did not even know there is sound

What Girls Said 5

• Got nothing, @douride2
    Last Year, dear, I had Music playing, like Many Did and still Do.
    However, it was Slowing down my Laptop and with a lot of Complaining, within 45 Minutes... She Gone. xx

• If you're on desktop, right click the tab and click "mute tab". The volume on the other tabs won't be affected (like if you're listening to music)

• it's annoying
    sometimes i just want to read opinions without logging on then it plays that stupid music
    you just have to use the mute button on your device

• There was a period there where I heard that thing on GaG every time I logged on. Something to do with the ads or something, but I haven't heard it in quite some time now. I also have Ad Blocker enabled, so maybe that would help.

• nope ther isn't