Why do people lie about their age on this site?

I just don't get why you would lie? Like, if I can see profile pic and can clearly tell that you aren't 20 something, why lie and say you are? if you want to trick people you shouldn't use a real photo of yourself, right?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I think they do it for different reasons. Some do it to creep, some do it because they want to be taken seriously, and some are hoping that others would believe their lies - even though it's painfully obvious that they don't look their age. Haha.

As for me, some people actually don't believe that I'm 36 but I really am. I could probably list my age as 26 and I could get away with it. Hahah.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• They just don't want to reveal every personal detail about themselves potentially. Maybe they want to catfish people. Maybe they just don't care.

1|0
    0|0
Sponsored

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 9

• I'm a troll so i needed a troll's age ^_^

1|1
    0|0
  • Why people go anonymous? Like, as long as you don't put your actual face for your pic, or say your last name or where you live or anything, then nobody will ever know who you are.

1|1
    1|0
  • I think it's because people will find out too much about them
    I'm really 14

1|0
    0|0
  • Creepy dudes want to mess with young, usually underage girls.

1|1
    0|0
  • It's because they want to be treated and perceived "differently"...

0|0
    0|0
  • Or that's not their real pic lol?

1|0
    0|0
    • that may be true, but who's dumb enough to not pick a profile pic that matches their age?

• Show All
    • Well they're too sketchy for me, anyways

• I gotcha

• I'm 20

0|0
    0|0
  • I know what you mean. It's so disappointing to find out that a girl ISN'T under age when talking to her. Jeeze. lol :)

0|0
    0|0
  • generally it's old pervs, pretending to be young women

2|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• I lied when I made this account 2/3 years ago lul. I'm 19.

2|2
    0|0
    • at least you are honest

• sometimes people are treated differently because of their age. i know i read responses differently based on supposed age

2|2
    0|0
  • Because they are insecure about it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have no reason to lie.

1|0
    0|0
  • People are fucking stalkers on here.

0|0
    0|0
    • what do you mean? like the conceal their age so people don't have as much info about them?

• Yep. One guy would stalk me for nearly 3 years straight.

• Oh geez, I know how that can be, lol