What are the main differences between male/female replies on this site?

Have you noticed any difference between the general nature of male & female replies on this site? Any trends, characteristics?

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Girls Said 9

• I think men give really high rating on the how do I look questions. Also, they tend to be more conservative when it comes to topics like abortion and casual sex.
    More women tend to go anon. Also, they accept alternative opinions less than men I think.

• Men TROLL way way way more than female... -_-

• Because i HAVE SEEN IT, there is not reason to it you need to ask them, but in every question i saw that Females be answering and giving advices and then you scroll down to the BLUE part and there is just dudes saying : WHO CARES and whatever... farting on peoples questions basically :)

• No, she's right, trolling seems to be more a male behaviour than female. Not entirely sure why.

• Females can be either really witty, savage or helpful. Guys can either troll, pessimistic, witty or helpful and knowledgeable.
    Thats just the majority of gaggers in my opinion but everyone on here is sarcastic as hell and love it

• On average, no. However, it seems like the very best posts -those that are most informative and insightful- always come from a very small subset of men.

• I disagree with the women here sugarcoating their answers compared to men. If you look at any How Do I Look question, men are giving out 10s left and right to people who (sorrynotsorry) don't deserve it and women are painfully honest lol

• both give answer like they won't do irl... i guess they feel more at ease cause its internet

• I didn't see any difference

• Mine, being The Master.

• Men seem to help out a lot. They give honest opinions. Some girls do too but I feel like guys do it more

What Guys Said 18

• They both reflect general social expectations, where women are expected to show more care and be generally softer, whereas males are more no bulshit right to the point (and osme would aargue insensitive).

So as others have pointed out, it makes male answers more in line of "do this to fix it" whereas female ones are more emotionally supportive. Mind you, there are exceptions to this going both ways.

And that's okay. We need both.

Though one thing that worries me A LOT is that women seems to more frequently be too quick to judge without getting the full picture (especially in women's favor), whereas men tend to be more inclined to ask for more info before judging. Is this caused by how men and women apply emotion and logic to look at a situation? I don't know, but it'd be interesting to look into.

Also it seems women more often use anon to hide because they're embarrased about completely normal things, and guys use it more to troll or bait.

• I have the feeling the average guy is older.. though I have no stats to prove it.
    So most guys are answering from more experience in life.

That said I spend a lot of my time here with Aussie, Kiwi, and European girls that are older... so many of the guys on Gag seem to have a military background and are brainwashed.

• Girls: I understand how you feel. Guys: Here's what you should do.

• as a generalization (and course there are exceptions) women i think tend to be more considerate and less apt to resort to insults or offensive responses... but again there are plenty of exceptions

• The biggest difference is that way more women hide behind anonymity when they want to ask a question or reply to someone where they would otherwise fear judgment or embarrassment.

Men seemingly do it more so to troll.

• *Someone has a problem*

Men: "Here is a detailed, step-by-step list of exactly what you should do to solve your problem."
    Women: "Awww, you poor thing! I'm sorry to hear that."

• Oh you know... it depends a lot on the questions!

Questions like "Who should pay for the first date?" or "Is it ok to hit a woman for self defense purposes?" the males are being more angered.

Questions like "Should women give us sex if we pay for their first date?" or "Should women not be allowed to vote/work specific jobs?" and you see enraged women.

I keep it all rational and even.

• That females are often afraid to be honest and typically like to see or portray everything in a positive way even though it is crystal clear that the situation given in the question is not positive at all, "It's ok. It's all good. Naahh that's nothing. It will be fine."

Men on the other hand tend to troll a lot more as you can't take everyone seriously in this forum.

• Sometimes it's difficult to put my finger on it: the power of the political correctness mumbo jumbo has so many folks brainwashed that they forget to be themselves and you'll eventually be reading about their pretenses. I notice this from guys a lot more, though.

• O there is quite a few I mean men and women are different, men think differently, approach problems, puzzles and questions differently then women and we have a different thinking pattern then them.

• Female replies are more snooty and condescending.

• I feel like more female responses are sugar coated or uplifting. I prefer brute honesty

• A lot of girls on this site never admit when they are wrong.

• Neither do the guys they always make up someting as too why they are right and you aren't

• for the most part the colour of the header. the variation within the groups seems to be bigger than the difference between them.

• Men give more troll replies women ask more troll questions. Or vice versa? I forgot.

• women here offer their sympathy not solution

• both think they have something called alternative facts. a made up word by kellyanne conway

• Women sugarcoat things while men are pessimisticly honest.

There needs to be a mix. Be honest about the shit dark reality of peoples situation like guys are but don't be a whiny bitch about it and say it in a way that isn't so negative like how women seem to be more upbeat.