Why does this site have so many ads? How can I get rid of them?

My time on here has been brief but already I've encountered a full screen pop up ad, some ad for chocolate that pops up in the right hand corner and starts playing before I can close it, and ads on the site in general.

Any way to get rid of them? W/O resorting to ad block if possible

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Girls Said 5

• I went straight to Adblock when I signed up. If you post 20 or 25 opinions (I think that's the right number) in a day under level 7, ads are hidden for 24 hours. Once you reach level 7 Xper, ads are hidden.

• They say the ads disappear when you comment 20 comments but I always get that message when I log in for the first time on that day. So it's really weird

• Your on level 1, that is why. 😂

• tht's how they earn

• Nope not without using ad blockers

What Guys Said 5

• http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/xper#45
    Taken from the FaQ
    "When will I experience GAG with No-Ads"?
    -Xper Levels 7+ do not see ads

• i was just about to comment how this sites a full blown F on my mobile phone, so many fucking advertisements the browser doesn't have any ram or time to render the content. I've built vastly superior websites for mobile phones. mobile load time is terrible too.

• you have to get enough xper level to have that not happen. Don't try ad block on this site either, it has a horrible functionality after you activate the ad block.

• post 20 opinions a day
    make it to level 7
    use ad blocker

welcome :)

• Thank you! I was going to ask a question just like this! It is crazy how many ads they have. I understand wanting to make some money, but not to the point of destroying the user experience.

• Yeah. I can put up with side panel ads and the ad grid. But the pop up ads are ridiculous. Don't even know why companies choose ads like those-makes the user pissed and the data is inaccurate because the viewer didn't click on it.