! Why would someone block you right after following you?

This has happened a couple of times now. Someone you don't recognize follows you.
I usually then pm the person to say thanks, and I'll follow up and answer their questions when I have time but sometimes I'll be away from the site for awhil

This isn't anyone I 'know'. I never requested follow from them.

Then a few hours later, maybe, I go to answer one of their questions, and without any other communication with them I find that I am blocked!

At first I thought maybe they had accidentally hit the block icon.. I've done that myself.. but usually I notice and unblock them right away.

But now this has happened a couple of times?

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe they want to see your profile to gain a better understanding of you, but realize they don't approve of your opinions or something?

Most Helpful Guy

• I can assume that they assumed that you are some creep. How and why did they arrive to that thought, I don't know. But I don't follow back unless the person introduces themselves to me.

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 12

• I don't know dude but I typically don't message someone who follows me. Maybe that makes them uncomfortable?

A simple follow isn't an introduction. It's just them saying they like your content. They don't want a PM asking why they followed you.

I really like you so I don't mean this as a diss but I typically don't message with people on here. I'm not on this forum to make friends necessarily. If I were my skin would be much too thin. I get beat up everyday here for speaking my voice.

On this site saying I'm left leaning is like saying I'm a Nazi. But that's fine. Even Richard Spencer deserves a voice so help him.

• Yes, even though she followed me, maybe my pm'ing her, even though it was absolutely nothing sexually suggestive, freaked her out? But she could have just not answered me, why block me? If she doesn't WANT me answering her questions, why follow me?

• Yes, it's not such an important issue, but I'm curious, all the same. It could be they just accidentally hit the block icon and haven't noticed.

• They blocked you on purpose. You stand for things thus not everyone agrees. By being upset you're giving them what they want.

• Sounds like they just encountered you for the first time, liked what they saw in the one post, but then saw later on that they completely disagree with you as a person. I've been following you for a long time. You've changed a little over that time. It's not a bad thing or a good thing, it just is. But some of your views have shifted based on things that have been dealt to you, completely understandable. Perhaps they saw am old post during a search for answers?

• People are freaking insane I tell you
    THE WORLD HAS GONE MAD

• it is weird

• Maybe they didn't mean to follow you but then they could just unfollow right lol I don't know weird

• don't keep track, don't message

• depends. some people look legit at the beginning then they want nudes and i block them... true story

• It happened to me but never did that to anyone

• Lol weird !!

• Probably didn't like your opinions or comments.

• I do it, but only when the dudes lead in is 'spit or swallow' ..

• lol.

What Guys Said 3

• Most people aren't expecting private messages, which means the messages catch them off guard. I'm surprised when someone sends me a private message but I don't block them.

• maybe they didn't like ur opinion on a question and changed their mind lol who knows

• Because they are weird or they accidentally blocked you.