I just want the fighting to end. What can we do to stop this fucking gender war on this site?

It honestly kills me to see a community like this become the way it did. With a few notable exceptions, this site is divided between two very true generalizations:

You have the guys here who are desperately clinging to outdated relationship policies to make them feel more secure about their morality and where they stand with women.

And then you have the girls here who preach manipulation, being overly aggressive and just basically "winning" even when it's not necessary to be like that.

I'd say that outside of gag, I'm a relatively confident person. But the second I log on, everything just slows down. Because I'm seeing what I just talked about and, I'll be honest, it makes me ashamed to be a guy.

Most other guys here I don't care to really associate with, or be associated with.. but a good portion of the girls here have this spring-loaded air of petty superiority that I just cannot side with.

This site is meant for the genders to bring each other up. This is putting each other down over stupid shit.

I don't wanna leave, but I like to think I'm not alone in this.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have to agree with you that this site has a serious issue with its gender war. I don't know if it's because people are venting their frustrations here or if they genuinely feel this way in real life but are too afraid to speak their minds anywhere except here, and I honestly don't care why. It's ridiculous and shameful on both sides

Guys on here accuse women of inherently being entitled hypergamous lesbian sluts and are constantly virgin and short shaming each other. This leads the girls to hate the guys for wrongfully insulting them and leads the guys to hate each other for being shamed

Girls on here get used in relationships too much or use and abuse their boyfriends too much to the point where male users don't respect them anymore. Female users are also intolerant of opposing opinions and resort to name calling when they don't get the answer they're looking for. I've also seen a fair amount of female users call men weak and challenge their masculinity

Both genders are way too sensitive, an unfortunate side effect of this generation being raised by the internet. Going around blocking people for having opposing viewpoints only weakend you mentally. I've seen trolling by both genders get way out of hand

People need to be more supportive of each other here. When you disagree with someone, be nice and politely disagree with them. You aren't going to get anywhere by name calling. This site is for sharing experiences and giving constructive criticism, not bashing other people who have never done anything to you

• Exactly. I'm finding it increasingly difficult to respect anybody here.

• The two of you are among the most sensible.

• @qwertyKitchen
      Thanks. You're a pretty decent person yourself. I haven't seen anything unreasonable or rude from you here either

Most Helpful Guy

• I want the gender war to end as well. I think both males and females need to realize that not everyone of the opposite sex is bad. It's easier said than done. However, I think that little by little, people are starting to realize that this gender war is pointless.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 5

• well keep in mind the the vast majority of people on this site are kind and respectful of one another and the opposite genders. i think the reality is there is just a very loud vocal vehement and angry minority who say things that are so repulsive that they really stick out... cause i know what you mean. i've think often sometimes as i'm reading through the arguments, insults, and other really hateful things that get said and think do i really want to stay on this site. perhaps it's time to shut down my account.

it can be brutal but i'm pretty convinced and sure that most people on this site are still good kind people who practice respect for one another

• Why do you care? If someone assumes that you are one of the guys that are like that more fool them. Or if some guy who is like that thinks that you are "siding" with those women, because of any reason, then so be it. What does it matter? Are you so frail to take offense if someone assumes something like that? Is your confidence, your sense of self, truly so hollow?

Now I can understand, and agree with, your argument that such "gender war" is not what this site was intended for or should be used for, in my opinion. And I think it stifles actually productive conversations about the topics discussed on this site, which I think is a pity.

• I could actually care less if others people think I'm siding with the women. It's more a matter of me not wanting to feel like I'm prostrating myself, to put it in spectacular fashion.
      I should have worded that far better, I'll admit. But in reality it's a personal thing.

• Put two people in the same room for long enough and some form of "War" is likely to start. Opinions are very personal and people take offense easily.
    What you could do is to make more questions which are less harmful. I have no clue what it would be, but it's a behaviour thing. Someone breaks a glas, someone else breaks a glas, all of a sudden everyone breaks glas.

• Ignore the gender wars and not participate in them.

• Bitter dudes talking about feminism incoming...