GAG is for asking about things that you don't know about to get help right? (See details)?

Why are some people such jerks and bullies and treat you like crap for asking something that you don't know. Sometimes they will say people are an idiot or that they are ignorant. If someone don't know about something then yes they are ignorant to whatever it is they r asking about. But that don't mean they are to all things. Why would someone make people feel stupid for asking a question?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Welcome to the Internet. It allows people to be extremely rude or unhelpful.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe it's the common sense questions that gets them like that, who knows, some people can be pretty rude sitting behind a computer

0|0
    0|0
Sponsored

Have an opinion?

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 4

• It's because some people need to feel superior - they need to make someone else feel small, so that they can feel bigger. Those people are called "bullies." Don't let them bother you. Most bullies have that inner drive to be mean because of issues within themselves, like pain from their past, or not liking who they are. They feel bad, and they turn that energy on others instead of resolving it inside themselves in a healthy way. Often they don't even realize they're doing it. Online, it's even easier to cross those lines and be a bully or be nasty to someone, because it's just words on a screen and they can hide behind basic anonymity. Even if they use a screen name, they're not using their real name or talking to you face to face. Many insecure people will say very nasty, mean things online because it doesn't feel as "real" and there are no real consequences.

In real life, in the real world, a curious mind like yours is an asset, and over time it's the people who continue to self-educate by seeking out knowledge in any form, that succeed and excell far beyond those who get their jollies picking on others. Be proud of your curious mind, and never stop learning - ever!!

1|1
    0|0
  • When people uses an anynonmous identity (aka, the online self), they tend to be more free in expressing their true thoughts. They don't have to worry about making the conversation awkward or having to come up with a passable explaination if they did hurt someone's feelings. They can do all this, because we are less emotionally connected online than we are in real life.

There are all kinds of people in this world.. those who are pretentious and whose who are genuine. And given that you are still young, you will have time to figure out who to ignore and who to befriend. So don't let these rude people change you, because you are different from them. ☺️

0|1
    0|0
  • People are more rude and defensive online. Even people I know in real life act soooo different online. For example: I use to know this girl who was so quiet and nice in person. I gave her a compliment on Facebook but she was just acting like a total diva and was really rude after I gave her ass a COMPLIMENT.🙄 Yeah people are ridiculously rude online. Anyways, IGNORE the rude comments and just focus on the ones trying to help you!

1|1
    0|0
  • Because some feel tough on their phones or computers and think they can type all kinds of crap to pump their ego.. that's all I can figure.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!