Why do you display a photo of yourself on your gag profile?

... And if you don't , why don't you?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know, it just makes it more personal. I like it if I can see who I'm talking to, so I'm putting a pic up so people know it too.

Most Helpful Girl

Sponsored

What Guys Said 33

• My profile pic is a side view view of perseus, a hero from ancient greece. He holds the head he chopped off of the beautiful medusa turned ugly gorgon. He wears also the helm of darkness borrowed from hades. It allows him to be invisible. It represents the death of ugly female monstrosities, no matter how beautiful their faces may be, their ugly personality makes them monstrous. the helm represents cunning and deception rather than bravery. Typically ancient greek heroes achieved their goals through smarts and trickery, not overt display of heroism. This makes them underdogs and anti-heroes.

• I just don't want users here to know how I look. I am not happy with my look so I rarely let people take pictures of me.

• i dont

• So it's a little more human? Nobody likes talking to, or taking advice from, faceless people.

• Lol fun fact that I always call anons or people with no pic, faceless people

• Sure. :)

I think a lot of people are embarrassed about the questions they ask or the comments they make, and want to be more anonymous. That's fine. I have nothing to hide, confident in my convictions, and a whole lifetime of experience.

• ... so people know im not fake I guess

• So everyone knows what I look like

• I like expressing myself. And I don't care what people think about me

• I want all the girls to see what they can't have

• Too much heat for the ladiez

• I don't and it's because I don't see a reason why I should... 1. People won't believe it's actually me. 2. I don't want to attract stalkers/creeps once I give more evidence.

• What? You don't like my pic? I can't tell you how hard it is to press a shutter button with flippers!

• I dont because I want to separate my real life from my GaG life. I don't want anyone on here knowing who I am, and I don't want anyone I know in real life to know im on here.
    So even if someone i did know came on here, they're not gonna know its me

• uhhhh no? :P

Didn't know I have to figure it out. *thinking what sort of profile pic is ideal*

• Because I don't feel like updating it all the time. Not that it matters much anyways. It's not very likely you'll run into any one you meet on this site in real life unless you want to.
    Plus the last thing I'd want is to be with a girl I like and have someone recognize me and be like hey I know that guy from GAG...

• I don't have any picture of myself

• I would, but people are mean and abuse your pictures.
    Better just avoid my face and show it to the closer gaggers.

• Yes, people think i am a toon though.

• cause i dont want to be found

• because i can. lol

• Nawwwww

• I don't because i dont want girls to fight over me.

• I don't see a reason not to...

• so you can see me!!

• Yeah I don't know. I might take it down.

• because I've got no reason to hide

• Why you anon?

• Somehow a meme doesn't quite convey the same impact.

• Because lack of confidence and fear

• tough question

• More from Guys
    3

What Girls Said 14

• Because i dont like the impersonal nature of being online. People are very quick to jump in with insults and harshness. It is meant to be a notice and reminder that there are real people behind these accounts, people that have friends and families and lives. When you are responding to a person online... its not some bot or computer, its a real person. Of course there are always people out there that are hateful and mean spirited no matter what and insult you for the way you look or dress or whatever.

• Why not? Lol. I have a picture on all of my social media. Originally I did to attach a face to the content I used to write, though I don't do so as much anymore.

• Because I don't need to

• I don't display a photo because I'm wary of who's out there and I wouldn't want any stalkers :D Plus, I'd rather keep myself reserved on social media websites unless it's just with friends I know in person.

• I don't and it's because I don't really like having my face being put out there to guys who could message me some suggestive things I don't want

• because I like having personalized accounts

• I've seen fake accounts with your last photo you used on here

• Well pretty sure that's a load of shit... Do you even remember what my last pic on here was?

• I like making people paranoid

• I do mind now, since I learned to fend off amorous guys that have not read my profile.

• Because I want people to fear me... look at my profile pic I'm scary.

• Numerous people asked for it

• Not too sure why really. But I'm gonna change it in a week

• people kept casually referring to me as a catfish extraordinare

• Because I don't want anybody to steal my picture

• Because I had my picture stolen before and it made me feel a little uncomfortable because the other person uploaded it as their avatar. It didn't freak me out though because I already know that that's how some people are online.