Do you think it's stupid to block a person simply because you can't get into an argument?

I really get angry with some stupidities i see here, specially from those who simply block me without giving me a chance to repply. I have never ever blocked anyone here because I believe this is a place for discussion to see and learn something new, even though we may disagree with the others' point of view.

I remember in my first days here that not only one, but 2 dudes told me to get out of this website simply for not agreeing with the tone and content of my arguments.

Really, if u are simply cannot stand someone getting into an argument with you, do a favor to all of us and get out of this website. It's just that simple.

Agree or disagree?

• I agree! They simply know they can't win the argument so they block!
    62%(15)66%(21)Vote75%(6)
  • I disagree because...
    38%(9)34%(11)Vote25%(2)

Most Helpful Girl

• I block people if they repeatedly reply to my posts just to start an argument, and if they start to use personal attacks. I also might block someone if they refuse to just give it a rest and we end up talking in circles. I've had people literally spam me because I got tired of arguing and decided to just leave the discussion. Those deserve blocks.
    I used to believe that you shouldn't block someone unless they like REALLY harass you, but I've come to the conclusion that I don't have to put up with anyone's bullshit. I used to just take so much shit on here until I realized that I don't have to. Now my experience is a lot better. I thought about quitting many times in the past because I just let shit slide with people.

• "I used to just take so much shit on here until I realized that I don't have to" >> for example?

still, if they reach personal attacks, then i agree with u. if someone is talking in circles, it depends i think the best thing is just leave the guy alone

• Just in general people attacking me. I've forgotten most of it by now, I've been here for quite a few years and I don't like to remember pointless stuff like that.

Most Helpful Guy

• I never block

Sponsored

What Girls Said 9

• Yes, it's silly, but it's an easy defense.

• I have had to Block in cases where the Person will Not Shut the heck up and Will just go On and On, or even Stalk me with more Insults, which is uncalled for. xx

• I guess it really depends on the situation. I can see blocking someone who just won't quit and you are done talking to them. Sometimes you just don't have time to sit and argue about something.

But I agree, this site is for discussion and debate and people can't just block because someone doesn't agree. That's what the down arrows are for and the ability to reply to people's opinions.

• most people on this site aren't worth the 2 seconds it takes to block them.

the only ones i block are the ones who message me for sex even though my profile says "YO I AM TAKEN SO COULD YOU NOT". and, if you can't be bothered to read follow such simple directions, i can't be bothered with you.

(i did once have someone block me because she didn't like my opinion and clearly only wanted to hear from people who agreed with her. but i didn't block her back lol.)

• People do it for many reasons (with that being one of them). I got blocked once because I asked a question and a guy decided to be a dick to me for no reason and didn't like that he got called on it. Some people also do it because they don't want to deal with pointless arguments and drama, which the last group is actually mature in that respect.

• I blocked people but not for being an ass

• I don't block anyone.. I can handle other opinions.

• I see you're only 13 ... most block because it's a waste of time typing back and forth when you don't agree with each other. I don't believe in arguing on the internet. If I don't agree I usually just ignore or keep scrolling.

• not agreeing just for not agreeing is just close minded. the same way believing in Jesus just for the sake of believing it is just close minded too. actually keeping an open mind to learn new things is always good to even mature the position we held.

also i'm not 13... i'm an adult and i didn't care to give real info to register in this website

• I've blocked two guys because they were highly offensive

What Guys Said 6

• yap, I think it is dangerous if you are popular
    they speak you ill that you can not see
    then you dont know why people who you can see are bad to you.
    I had seen worst by admin
    they fool a user that people can't see you but you can see them
    so that you thought people can see you.

• No I don't think it is stupid.
    I think it is stupid to continue discussing with someone who clearly provides no benefit to you by sharing their opinion, often times dismissing your opinion clearly with no basis on logical reasoning.

There are some exceedingly stupid/opinionated people on this website and receiving their "wisdom" is really not a great use of my time, hence they get blocked.

• if their opinions are really objectively stupid as u say, then u should not block and instead let them talk in order to make them exposed.

the way u deal with that is too much authoritarian, that's what free speech is based on, every one has a voice even if u disagree with them completely

• You are free to "speech" your heart out for all I care, doesn't mean anyone is obliged to actually listen to your opinion though.

• yes, if one does not want to listen, just ignore and don't read my opinions then, because others are interested to learn what i have to say

• I try to use facts and science and if people argue me often times i just mute the question, i have a life. I can't spend hours arguing on here.

• Yup I agree. Had this happen a few times.

• I agree.

• i dont care about winning arguments i am just here to give my opinion and have fun :- )