Should there be an age restriction option on questions?

When asking a question, should there be an option/requirement to tick a 13+/16+/18+ box advising the question is mature/has adult themes?

Or it is solely the responsibility of the young user / their parents etc?

23

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope. The site is meant to help others learn from each other. Many young children do come here to learn about more adult topics because they aren't taught it in sex ed classes at school. Granted, younger users aren't allowed to post certain types of mature questions, but no user is supposed to explicit questions, replies, or photos.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 1

• I'm 16 and when I see questions that shouldn't be my business I only ignore them and try to focus on the positive ones ^-^

What Guys Said 3

• There already is. Look at the poster's age and decide if you want to answer.
    but they can lie about their age, and you would never know. Same with the age criteria thing you are suggesting.
    When you sign up, there is no age verification, so how can anyone know if they are talking to a 65 year old or some teen, under-age kid asking for advice when nobody else can help them?
    At some point, someone, like PARENTS, need to teach their kids values, and restrict their computer usage!!! The schools can't do it, and the internet, and sites like this SHOULDN'T be teaching kids!!!

• Why, when has any "NSFW" label ever prevented some kid from clicking it.

• That be lame