Why are there so many cruel GAGers here?

I`ve experienced on my own posts and other posts that some people simply can`t hold back their mean strike in them. Either they don`t stick to the question or they go off subject to comment rudely. It really has crushed my self esteem several times. What to do?

1417

Most Helpful Guy

• Cruel? Hardly.

There are large variety of opinions both IRL and online -- some of them fit what you wish to hear, some don't.

This amplifies towards those that live in social, developmental, education and ideological isolation (saracens, for example) and aren't exposed to large variety of ideas and perceptions due to being stuck in their "safe space" ignorance (libtards and other sorts of leftists).

So when someone is "mean" or "cruel" in your perception, he might be perfectly reasonable and simply honest in perception of many, many others.

And wanna hear the most (((depressive))) and (((offensive))) truth behind all of it?
    That's life.

• Besides, would be interesting to hear some examples you've "faced".

Most Helpful Girl

• Welcome to the Internet. People tend to lash out more and not care what they say since they're behind computer or phone screens. It's easier for them to share what they're actually thinking. In real life, they probably have more of a filter. That, or some users just have terrible days and take out their emotions online, even if they don't necessarily mean what they're saying.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 16

• I think there is a fine line of being brutal with the intent to hurt someone and just being brutally honest. These actually get mistaken a lot. I'll never intentionally went out of my way to hurt someone unless they absolutely deserve it. That being said, I have no bullshit type of attitude.

I think the most savage people on here at the girls who are popular who act very nice but will go above and beyond to hurt someone if you oppose them. I've seen a lot of these girls as I've described completely cripple a guy on their knees who doesn't have the ability to stick up for themselves.

I might appear like an asshole from outside a lot but I'm a decent human being. Those 'nice' popular girls on here are fucking ridiculous. There is a reason why I only follow back a select few of people on here.

• I wouldn't necessarily say mean - but moreso they are brutally honest.

The advantage and disadvantage of being anonym on the internet is being able to state your thoughts unfiltered. That gives room for many insightful things, for brutal honesty, but also for some vile people.

You have to deal with it or not come on websites where there is anonymity. Simple as that.

• That's the internet for ya in a nutshell. There are a lot of fake keyboard thugs who wouldn't have the nerve to spew the same nonsense to someone's face. Don't let it get to ya.

If you think G@G is bad then you should check out Yahoo Answers.

• It's the Internet... Get used to it.
    Give a man a mask you'll see his true self... Anonymity being the mask if you didn't get that lol

• That really does suck. I know what you mean though, dont let it rattle ya. They're looking for that reaction

• It's in our blood. I'm the cruelest of them all.

• Don't let it get to to you. Every GAGer seems to have big egos under a keyboard. So much status and power.

• You shouldn't give a fuck tbh

• GAG is a clash between the pathetic trolls and the annoyingly over precious/sensitive

• Because, on the whole, humans are a vile bunch.

• get back once again and try again till you learn to ignore such comments & do what you were supposed to.

• I don't know. I'm not cruel

• can't believe you listen to them all. just ignore what you don't want.

• Its the internet what can you do?

• welcome to the Internet

• Ignore them

What Girls Said 13

• You remember that the person on the other end doing that is just a faceless meaningless empty spot in the world. They mean nothing to you. You ignore what they have to say, report them when they go overboard... and everyone on here gets that hate, its not you or anything about you in particular.

• There is no actual reason, people say mean things simply because they feel like it, they don't care. Block them, so they won't be able to post on your question, reply to your opinion, or down vote it. You can't do anything about it, except to block those gagers. Arguing with them won't do any good, you'll probably just get ignored. It's sad, but it's generally like this: "I'm being a jerk and proud, you're being triggered by my comment? It's cool with me." These people don't care how this makes you feel, they don't give two cents about it. You can't help it, dear. In this life you experience the good and the bad. Whenever you come across a person who is rude towards you on the internet, think to yourself, my life isn't perfect, how come a comment from a stranger is bringing me down so much? Internet negativity is similar to the cuts, scars, and burns you get from time to time. Treat it the same way, you don't freak out over a cut. Sure it hurts once you get it, but in the end of the day and in the long run it doesn't hurt anymore. I know it sucks when you see a mean comment, but it should be as little as a small scar. Having your self esteem crushed due to a rude comment is like sleeping in bed all day because of a cut or a small scar. Thank goodness for the block button, it tries to prevent negativity. Someone is being negative in your post, chances are he/she will be negative in another post of yours as well, so why not block them.

• I'm sorry you've had that experience :( I think a lot of people on here, myself included, see this place as a great place to vent without any real repercussions. It's easier to hurt some random, faceless person than someone in your life, you know? It doesn't make it right... but that's what happens sometimes. Just remember, people's reactions or judgments of you really don't matter at the end of the day. They aren't living your life.

• Anonymity makes people turn ugly. It shows that many people have a lot of character building to do. It also shows that sexism and racism is still a huge issue. Just know no matter what people say, truth is truth and untruth is not. It helps me (usually) keep. a level head

• .. because they know it pisses you off , and it's worked, because you're posting a question about it. Lol

• Don't let people on the internet hurt your feelings they are just that people on the internet that can't say these things in real life if they wanted to. If someone gets out of line I would tell them, or just ignore it

• Just ignore them
    They are bitter pussies hahahaha

• Don't pay attention to them, at the end of the day you don't know.

• I am sometimes rude, but at least I stick to the topic

• Typical gagers
    Get used to it lol

• Where would the cruel GaGers be if not on GaG though?

• Don't base your self esteem on the opinions of random people online, for starters...

• rude people are everywhere