What's up with most users on here?

rude and ignorant people? trolls?

it seems all users who are intelligent, decent and educated are no longer here, now i get it.

the reason is pretty obvious.

Most Helpful Guy

• Like any online community it has its share of trollers but it also has many of good and honest members. You simply need to use discretion in finding them. This site deals with everyday problems. Everyday problems are experienced by everyone. Therefore, by logic, anyone is suitable to answer any question they can relate with. You are not required to be a shrink or have a PhD. That's what makes this all work.

• Thank God someone understood me! One of the few intelligents on here.

Thanks for your input.

What Girls Said 13

• Why do you feel as though you are the last of your species? Intelligent people may be hard to find but they are certainly not extinct.

P.S. Where are all these intelligent people going? I want to find a site where the majority of the questions and answers are made to begin an interesting ethical debate. Not necessarily about politics or philosophy, but about life decisions, possibly with personal theories and reasons and for our behavior, thoughts, ideas, problems etc. (any suggestions)

• Boohoo.

This question isn't exactly intelligent itself,and crying over spilled milk isn't mature.

• I like you Evangelina, you're an exception.

• I hope so. You know, you are a rare user on here. I don't know how you can still handle/deal with people on this site. I admire it.

• lawlz. question asker creeps me out... :S

• yes, because this website is answered by strangers to strangers I think that people should take all advice with a grain of salt. That means that you shouldn't take it if you don't want to, no one is forcing you to take any advice that you don't want to. You should just say, thanks for your opinion I didn't like what you said but it's just your opinion anyways. But if you do like their opinion then you can say thanks for your opinion I understand where you are coming from.

Some times you have to learn to take some advice and not take others. It is your life, it is your choice. People here are just trying to help. They may or may not have the answer to your questions but at least they are trying to help you out! That's what this website is all about.

• lol That is so true! but its just you have to find the right people on here, like it takes a while and I'm not that bright so I guess I don't fit in there. lol I feel sad now, wait nvm but anywho I see what your saying because it's really annoying and I hate it when some don't answer the question and put things that hurt people. I mean even though its the internet, and your talking to strangers here, why can't some of you people have manners like you are supposed to be in real life and it annoys me a lot. Down this if you want to but I don't really care because I'll just forget about it later anyways hehe :)

• First, intelligent and educated are not always indicative of each other, and I assure you that plenty of the "rude and ignorant people" are in fact educated. Second, most of the intelligent people are the ones answering the questions as opposed to asking them. Now, it would seem that as the number of idiotic questions rises, the number of intelligent answers lowers. This would seem to be due to the fact that a dumb question may not attract an intelligent response, dumb being more on the lines of similar questions appearing more frequently or questions that seem to be lacking in any logic whatsoever. I hope that answers your question to your satisfaction. Next time you want to point out a lack of intelligence or education please form your question in a more grammatically correct manner, thank you, have a nice day.

• 1) Based on what you can assurre that?

2)Thats exactly my point, if you had any difficulty to understand it. That's why educated people left the site.

And, I don't know why but I had asked this question with caps lock, they edited, that's not the original text, SO don't try to be 'cool' regarding something you don't know.

Besides that you're new at this site, you don't know what I'm talking about. Keep your 'intelligent'' comments for you, thanks.

• I am in love with you. Took the words right out of my mouth.

• Welcome to the internet.

Frankly it's a lot easier to be rude online, you are all just faceless people, you might as well all be the same person in fact. In a lot of cases people's behavior online doesn't reflect their behavior offline. I'll admit to my share of anonymous trolling on here; after a bad day, it's fun. Anyone who's done it will agree. It's not a case of intelligence (well, except the obvious cases) but a case of what mood that person is in and if they can be bothered to stir up a good, stress-busting argument. This is the reason people flock to the more controversial questions, they want to flame the people that disagree with them.

However, those same people can also answer a heartfelt, intelligent question with a heartfelt, intelligent response.

I notice that you post anonymously...

• sure, why wouldn't I post anonymously when this site is full of ignorant users?

• to me it looks like your trying to pick fights with this question. Just saying

• you obviously misunderstood me.

• Then why'd you ask the question if the answer is obvious?

• I didn't ask what's going on, didn't you get it?! I was wondering WHY

• hahahahahahaha dude I have to agree. I mean sure there's a few good people on here but who are we kidding?

• would you mind telling me? cause I really don't think that the answer is obvious at all.

• If all the intelligent people are gone, then you most be stupid because you're still here :O

• I didn't say ALL, I said most users.

Learn to read.

• Learn to make a come back in less than 26 days...

• you're a f*cking @sshole.

• WOW!...Your a piece of work! Quit your bitchin & get off the site if you don't like it! There'd be one less "dumbass" we'd have to worry about!..ENCHANTED don't entertain this bs! Your beautiful! & I too come to GAG to read about others experiences & such!

• The truth hurted you?! All I said is nothing but the reality, and she's ugly and an attention whore, facts are facts.

You see, this girl proves the point of my question. And watch your vocabulary. lol

• Clearly this loser has nothing better to do with his time than sign on like 20+ accounts to give you and I negative arrows to act like he's right and people actually agree with him. It's kind of sad.

• girl, you're insane, now I'm an account freak? lmfao, maybe you do that yourself.

• I think there are a lot of decent people left. I enjoy having conversations with the friends I've made here. It's why I log-in so much. I'm just here to help and be helped.

Like many things, any experience is what you make of it.

• ouch, YOU come here to help and be helped? YOU = expert level? Now I got why so much dumb questions/replies.

Aren't you the girl who post bikini pictures, and all of that suff here? That rate me question bs? Attention and insecure whore.

And you're not even pretty. (Sorry for being rude, yet I'm honest).

• accounts? what are you talking about? Damn, if you thought I have multiple accounts to vote you down, then you're probably doing it yourself. I'm a doctor. Don't judge me based on your own behaviours.

• Wow, can we all get off these personal attacks? Is this flame war really helping anyone?

What Guys Said 13

• Look...it's easy to become annoyed with immaturity on the internet and then stick your foot in your own mouth about it. I know. I've done it, and it doesn't exactly make you look like the most intelligent person in the room. It's about as useful as poking a hornet's nest.

P.S. The past tense of "hurt" is still just "hurt", not "hurted"...

• You understood me right...so whatever how the past tense is, I'm german.

English is my 2nd language.

• STOP BEING A BITCH, do you know another language? I'm almost fluent in english, spanish, french, and italian,BESIDES german... And my work there's nothing about language...

And you want to talk about intelligence?Who you are? What do you do? I'm a Dr, sir.

• Oh, screw intelligence, I want to talk about the haughtiness of the members such as the Question Asker

• Yea, I can see where you're comming from. One of the most genuine people on here left the site days ago, because of these damn ignorant users.

She had a nice personality, and always trying to help y'know, yet I saw people constantly harassing her on here.

dude, it really sucks that she left, she was hot as hell and had great pictures.

• I think I know who you are talking about, yea, I second that, though I find christian girls really annoying.

• Are you talking about Juliana777?She was sweet but FYI,she was also sick and tired of people asking Qs about her and whenever people would ask about most attractive users,people would put her name down and she didn't like that.So maybe you should leave her being attractive out of the equation

• --evangelina: really? I didn't know that those question bothered her at all..

• It's the internet. People that can hide behind anonimity and remoteness act like ... pains in the rear.

You find the odd nice person, but it takes a lot of searching.

• troll...

• why?

• ^ Agreed. All I did was answer his question, and I said nothing negative and I get so many down arrows? That makes no sense to me.

• did you smoke week today? or not yet? I think youy're high... I'm happy so many people agreed with me...she IS an attention whore, this is a FACT. ANYONE CAN CHECK IT OUT.

I didn't lie, that's why people agreed...maybe you are an multiple account user yourself.

• It's hilarious how you ask this and then through your comments reveal you're just a troll yourself. You're the ultimate troll, congratulations!

• Trolling is different from discussing.

• They have an ignore button on this site. I'm up to about 6 or so for the 2+ years of being a member. Not bad. :)

• Don't let the bastards get you down.

• I think you mean people in the world.

• Nah, people in real life aren't that rude.

It seems people think its easier to troll through an computer than facing someone...

• Well it is, and they're that rude in their heads. ;)

• Lack of vaginal intercourse is my guess. What's the answer to your rhetorical question?

• You are incorrect. I'm right here.

• LAME!

• thanks dude I'm insulted :(

• i miss some of the people who I could have an intelligent conversation with yes but times change and people leave. I'm starting to really understand this, from my own real life experiences. unfortunately. but..yes a lot of them are ignorant and rude which do make them trolls. I think they do this because it makes the site interesting and gets people to answer them, since theyre obviously just attention whores looking for some attention and have no other better way of doing it than to ask a stupid question or answer something that's gonna get people irate. also I think many people don't even care about the questions and answers part of this, and just do this to get points so they can get their prizes and leave the site. it is in my opinion that they should get rid of the prizes, and then we can see how many people actually leave the site. :D see whos real and who isnt

• Agreed, really good answer, thanks.

• Prizes...? I must have missed that in the Terms and Conditions when signing up hahaha. Geez, I'd better go and read them properly this time - I've been missing out!

• yeah 2000 points gets you an itunes card. and there are other things too, I'm actually a good answerer, people just don't like me cause I tell the truth, and while I have used my points on here for a prize before. its not why I'm on here, I'm on here to ask questions and answer them, not to start a flame war because its through the computer and its easier to be rude to people on the computer than real life because of anonymity.