So why do people go anonymous?

even if a simple question like this, this is my first time to anon.

but what's your reason?

and what do you think about people that go anon?

Most Helpful Guy

• I make it a point not to. If I have something to say, then I shouldn't need to hide behind anything.

What Guys Said 5

• A few reasons, that I can think of:

> They're embarrassed about the subject and don't want to risk any ridicule from others here.

> It's a subject that is personally painful to them and asking or answering anonymously can help them get the info they want but still maintain some distance (even if it's only perceived).

> They're known for particular attitudes towards things and are anticipating how people would respond if they knew who asked the question.

> They use a common user name on all forums, so the subject of their question may know they frequent this forum and may see the question (e.g. "do I leave ___?").

> They are involved in a legal matter (criminal or civil) and have been told by their lawyer not to talk online, but they still want to ask or comment on things.

• Fear of internet ridicule from people they will probably never see or meet and therefore doesn't matter at all.

• trolling is such fun

• They want to express an opinion and not have it tied to their online persona.

• Because the amount of anonymity guaranteed isn't enough for them

What Girls Said 3

• Because if you post something that makes you sound sexual or confident random nasty ass people send you messages about what they would like to do to you. I started making all my sexual questions anonymous after the messages became to much.

• I've never gone anonymous before, but I guess people do it because they feel more comfortable asking\answering a question that way if they say something rude\stupid people won't go after them lol

• this is my question but I accendently deleted my account..i wasent reading it ha!