GaG freedom fighters, what is your most epic moment?

When I was young my mom us to call me, "the attorney for the poor" I use to stand up for those who couldn't stand up for themselves.

Once a substitute teacher was chastising my entire home room, and some deserved it, but this one girl who was always so quite an respectful was getting picked on by the shrew. I passed her a dirty look and she said to me, "do you have a problem" I stood up and said, "as a matter a fact I do.." I gave her a piece of my mind and she replied, "well how about I just call your parents." I took out a piece of paper and a pen. I wrote down my mom's phone number at work and at home. I replied, "here's her number I'm sure she'll be thrilled to speak with you." I laid back in my chair with a grin on my face just to irk the dragon lady. She never called my mom either.

Most Helpful Girl

• I knew a girl in who high school was pretty nasty. She'd make up rumours, spread lies, cause fights, etc, you know the type.

Well one day she comes up to me and my friends and starts bitching about the RSPCA (it's an animal welfare group where I'm from) and how they came and took her rabbit and dogs. I asked her on what grounds did they take them away from her family and she starts telling me that the rabbit was walking around on a BROKEN foot, the dogs were underfed etc and that she thought the RSPCA had no right to take the animals.

My friends had remained silent but my blood began to boil and I let it rip. I said she has no right to be angry about them being taken away if they were abusing the animals, what they hell did they do to that rabbit and finally I ended with a "You're lucky I've never been to your house otherwise I would have called the RSPCA myself."

She shut the hell up and left.

One of my proudest moments because I stood up for my own beliefs and I was the only one that decided to have a voice. My friends congradulated me on it after but I think this situation highlights an important issue, if something isn't right, very few people are going to stand up from the crowd and do something about it.

What Guys Said 20

• When I was a teenager, I once stopped a purse snatcher who was running away with a stolen purse. I ran across the road on an intercept course, threw myself at him, ignored his shouts of "f*** off or Ill f***in shoot you" and brought him to the ground. (Guns are impossibly rare in my country.)

I got a hold of the purse and he just got up and ran, and I realized then there were two other men chasing after him.

I walked about 30 yards in the direction he had come from, and found the woman who's bag he'd stolen, surrounded by well meaning people trying to calm her down. I walked up, gave her the bag, and refused any sort of reward and walked away. The two guys who had chased him, were coming back empty handed, but I gave them both a nod. We had all done our little bit to make the world a better place that day.

I often have doubts as to whether or not I'm a nice guy. And when I have those doubts, the memory of that day shuts them up.

• Haha, well I don't know about freedom, but there was a time a few years back. I was on my way home from doing a fuel run, and I saw a sailboat headed for a bad area because they thought it was the way into town. I pulled up alongside and asked if they were lost-which they were-, and offered to show them the way in. I led them in and showed them the dock. The guy was waving me over saying he wanted to give me something for my help, but I declined and left.

Another time a couple years ago I had just gone to bed at around 11PM or so when I heard people asking who's house was on fire. I could see the main part of the town from my window and there was a rather intense orange glow. My dad and I got geared up and headed in to the harbour. By the time we got there the entire house was engulfed in flame and the community had already started to fight it. We were there until about 4 or 5 in the morning putting it out.

• I hit a home run in my last ever at-bat of competitive baseball. I thought that was pretty epic at the time.

• Me and my 2 cousins matt and joe were playing basketball at the time I was almost 15 closer to 16, Matt was 14, and my cousin joe was 16. I was a fat kid still basically am(working on it) lol, matt was seriously probably 80 lbs dripping wet lol so skinny and joe was the biggest about the size of a grown man like 6'1" and about 180. Soo anyway the 3 of us are playing basketball and these three older teenagers walk up all over 18 and we play a 3 on 3 them versus us, I said it wasn't fair were gonna get destroyed they basically said shutup so we played, and honestly my cousin joe was the only one on our team who did any good and we still got destroyed after the game they started walking away with our ball and we start talking sh*t to them the biggest out of the 3 turns around lifts up his shirt and has a gun in his waist band and says "how bad do you want it" We shutup. Soo we go back to the house tell my mom call the cops all that sh*t we didn't know any of their names. Then ate a BANGIN dinner ha ha told you I'm a fat kid. Soo later that night, around 9 me and Joe(we lived together matt was gone by this time he was only visiting for the day), went like 4 houses down to this girl kates house we were chillin outfront just talking when 2 of of the 3 kids from earlier at the courts start walking down the street so we just stood there and they knew the girl kate and we all kinda started talking and out of nowhere the smaller of the 2 put the gun to Joes back and says ''Empty your pockets.'' Joe said ''No you can search them.'' and so the kid starts runnin his pockets and he was standing like in front of me on an angle with his back turned slightly towards me in between me and joe. I knew he couldn't really see me and if he could barely so I didn't even really think about it or I probably wouldn't have done it, I punched him harder than I've ever hit anyone right in the temple completely blindsided him and he fell unconcious then like instantly me and joe went after the other kid (mostly joe as I said I wasn't close to being a man yet, joe was) he was a lot bigger than both of us and fully grown but we got him to the ground and beat him until he didn't move, so then we got my stepdad (BIG SAM) lol came out and waited with us till the cops came and arrested them, turned out it wasn't even a real gun it was a BB gun like not even a strong one lol but they spraypainted the orange tip so no one could tell they each got a year in prison and their names were mike and fran hahaha fran no wonder he got knocked out by a fluffy 15 year old so that's my story and I think its f***ing awesome and ill probably never do something that awesome and heroic again in my life hahahaha pretty scary at the time but we were never in real danger but its still an awesome story lol

• I was quite lazy in my second year of uni...in one class we had presentations to perform, but I hadn't been to most lectures and hadn't studied much, so I planned to just miss it and get a fail instead of being all nervous and unprepared and looking like a loser in front of everyone. Then I found out that everyone had paired up, except this one Korean international student whose English speaking was pretty bad, worse than basic. I felt pity for the guy and decided pair up with him and do the presentation in the next week.

Though I was drinking/partying/raving a lot then, I forced myself to be sober and focused with a day to go. I invited the guy over and we stayed up for the whole night before the presentation to study and write everything (basically I did), then performed it the next day. Despite having barely any time to study, I nailed it well, was calm and pretty straightforward and put across the main points of the subject area. In the end I got a C+ grade and my partner got a C-, even though he didn't say a word. I felt good because I went out of my way to help him pass :)

• This kid was getting picked on in my 8th grade social studies class by this one d***head kid. I was not only tired of hearing him run his mouth because he was just being a show off, but the kid didn't deserve it (not that anyone deserves to get picked on). So after some time I simply spoke up and said "Hey --, why don't you be quiet? I'm sure everyone in here is tired of you running that mouth just like I am". So then he tried to target me with his lame ass jokes, which I simply ignored with no effort and ripped into him a little bit because he was a retard. He was that typical idiot that walked away trying to think he "won" but really he got bitched out in front of everyone and was trying to save face.

And that's the story of when I started becoming an enemy of morons :)

• *walks up to Brando hands over trophy* I award you the National Award of Enemies of Morons. :)

• Lol nice

• hahahahaha

• When I was about 10 a friend of mine was being picked on by the cool kids int he neighborhood. In the way of little kids, they were saying things they'd heard their parents say, without really knowing how much they were hurting her. I dove straight in, grabbed one, threw him against a wall, kicked another in his... yeah, and sent another to the dirt with a perfect haymaker-from-hell. Sadly that's what my friend told me I did, I can't remember any of it because the world went red when I saw them...

• In my one math class, the teacher was a total cow, and she really had it in for me. So one time during class everyone is talking and I turn aorund to my friend and say something and she immediately like focuses in on me and is like 'stop talking!' so I said back to her 'Why do you only tell me to stop talking? LOOK! *points to another 2 people that are talking*'. So she said to me that I had a choice, I could sit in her class and behave myself or go outside and spend the rest of class there... I just said 'BYEEE!' and walked outta class lmao, I think she was shocked I put it up to her because I was always the quiet kid in the class, but her face when I said it was priceless, I'd do it again if I had a chance. Then after class she said I was very cheeky and stubborn and all this crap blah blah blah stupid woman should have learned to teach math properly

• I was working at a self-help legal center as a volunteer for my internship. One day we were all done and walking out the door and this lady came in - distraught with her two crying children in tow. So I stayed late and helped them work out a legal strategy that would buy them time from being evicted from their home the next day. It probably bought them an extra month to figure out what to do. She was a single mom I know it made a difference.

(Tangent: This is when the police served a search warrant for my roommate and put me in handcuffs out in the front for an hour... most embarrassing moment ever).

Yeah so I forgot what else I was gonna write...

• I remember. I was working and these guys I work with had found the dating profile of one of our coworkers named Jamis. Jamis was a pretty cool guy he was just 'funny'. So they were sitting there with a printout mocking him and just ripping him to shreds laughing. I walked up ...grabbed it... and ripped it up. The made a big stink and I told them that's not right. One of those moments I remember what my mom said.. "if you see someone picking on someone I expect you to stand up for them."

• LOL@ "Yeah so I forgot what else I was gonna write..."

Awwww, that was sweet. Sorry about the roommate thing. That really sucks.

• That's really nice what you did for your co-worker. It's not easy for most people to stand up for others. *high five for being brave* :D

• Two d***f***s at my job, (Panera) kept talking sh*t about me for no reason, just insulting me all the time and calling me fat and crap. So I insulted them right back and they got offended and immediately called me a racist (they were black, I'm white). A couple weeks later, in a sign of utmost disrespect, they simply threw a steak knife into the sink right next to me where I was doing dishes. The next day, I threw their spatula right back at them and intentionally missed. F***** #1 comes into the kitchen and gets in my face. Well, my anger went through the roof. I was screaming at the top of my voice, I cussed him out, he backed up, the managers separated us, and I stormed out. I yelled "I f***ing quit!" as I walked to my car and best of all, they had to do the dishes I didn't do.

I felt good about it because I stood up for myself, and my best friend was there and he said it was awesome. Dickf***#1 left a couple of months later, and d***f***#2 got fired for being an a**hole to one of the managers. Karma be a bitch.

• In seventh grade, there was this jerk off girl who sat behind me,in english class, one time I was walking to my seat and I heard her making fun of my friend, I said something to her like "stop being such a jerk" or something like that, I got sent outside, I know it was a Christian school, but being sent out for calling someone a jerk? Really? Anways, a little while later the teacher came out and asked "are you ready to come back in now?" in that tone that all elementary/middle school teachers have, and I said "only if she's ready to stop being a jerk", she just shook her head and left me outside until the end of class.

Later, my science teacher paired me and that girl up for a project, I took the F just to avoid talking to her.

• I gave my ex roommate the Heimlich (spell check please) to dislodge a chicken bone stuck in his throat and saved his life.

• lmfao wish I could of seen that. Girl you crazy. Umm no story from me about epicness. Buuut it did remind of a story...in one of my high school english classes a big bag of candy was stolen and the teacher blamed me because I was in the group of trouble makers...anyways I was leaning back in my desk with my arms crossed so he thought I was hideing somthing he came over and poked my belly thinking it was the bag of candy.he got so embarrassed. Lol now that I tell it its more like you have to be their story =p

• It was good! I can imagine that happening. =D

• idk why my message was there twice...

• Don't have many really. I guess maybe like a month or two ago there was this girl and her boyfriend and these three drunk guys were harrasing them. One of the drunk jerks was particularly huge, gym juice head d***. The boyfriend had had enough and punched the guy but I soon saw he was going to get outnumbered three to one. So I quickly ran to break them up and calm the situation and my friends who didn't really realize what was going on joined in and helped calm everyone down.

• When I opened a jar of mayonnaise... it was hard to open! :B

• hahahah you are a bad mofo. About 2 months ago my friend was getting his ass kicked from being a jackass at a party and touching a taken girls butt. The guy took it too far and I told him to stop. He didn't so I slapped him hard across his head and his ear. He dropped like a fly

• Stood up to a pathetic, wannabe bully and he backed off. Face to face confrontation. He never bothered me or anyone else again.

• eh... I kinda of had a slave in college that I made give me rides, buy me food, do degrading things for my amusement... I let him go free eventually... my act of kindness ^.^

• Once I was going for a walk with my elder sister and a bike came over. I was very young so I started to run after the bike in amusement lol and my sister started running behind and the bike was to hit her, but I took her out and I got injured to save her . I was just 4-5 years old

So, for me that was a GREAT thing . LOL

• Let's just say I've had a number of David and Goliath moments. I don't know the meaning of defeat. I'm really not sure which is the most epic. =D

link

What Girls Said 5

• Well I used to go to a Catholic school, and after school other kids would use our classrooms for REP (which is a 'religious education program') and the kids who used the classrooms would ALWAYS go through our desks and steal our stuff. So in the fifth or sixth grade, me and my friend decided to write letters to the kids asking them politely not to touch our stuff, basically. She taped hers on her desk (and I put mine inside mine) and then the next day she gets in huge trouble for it (even though there was really nothing wrong with it!). She gets called down to the principal's office, and since I wrote one too, I pretty much insist to go there with her. Anyway, the principal starts yelling at her for it, not letting her explain, being a complete d***, and she kind of shuts down and gets really teary. So, I don't remember exactly what I said, but I told the principal off big time. I didn't yell or anything, but I was really forceful, and more importantly, in the right. I wasn't taking his sh*t, and honestly he seemed a bit scared of me, even though I couldn't have been older than 11. He ended up apologizing and letting us go. It was a pretty epic moment. :D

I got into stuff like that all the time though, back when I was in that school. I constantly got called out on things that either I didn't do, or weren't wrong at all, and I always stood my ground and never took their sh*t. Like, I never apologized for things I didn't do, and while some people would probably see that as kind of stubborn, whatever, at least that was something about myself I could (and still can, in retrospect) respect.

• when I was about 11 me and my brother were staying at my grand parents, and my grand dad was teaching my brother to shoot, it didn't even occur to him to ask me if I wanted a turn because I m a girl. finally I asked if I could have a go, he doubtfully handed me the gun, And I promptly shot a perfect bullseyes and handed it back to him.

Point proved.

• I'm sort of confused to what the question is. I doubt anyone who spends enough time on this site is actually fighting for freedom out in the real world. Most users are on this site because they can't deal with the real world well and need to ask questions about it.

However I noticed the grace with which you managed to make a general question a vehicle to illustrate light bravado. I'm sure everyone who is truly stands up for others or what they believe in will applaud, but be far too humble and level headed to tell personal tales.

• LOL oh my typos. Sorry.

• No, just girl love.

• wow you are a bit of a jerk but at least you did not do it anon

• I was working at a yogurt shop and my boss wasn't very nice and kept asking me to do all these ridiculous things over and over again. If I stirred the yogurt wrong she would get mad. So one time I was stirring the yogurt and she said you're doing it wrong THIS is how you do it and I gave her the stirrer and started to get my stuff and walk out. She asked me, "Where are you going?" And I said "I quit."

It was awesome =D

• I was about 5, and these dipsh*ts were picking on my older brother, so I tackled the one being the meanest and proceeded to try to beat the sh*t out of him. He was like ten, so he was a bit bigger than I was, but he couldn't get up because I was on his back. Best day of my life, haha.

I was such a well behaved child...