Why would you block anonymous users from your answering questions?

I don't get it. It's kind of stupid if your asking anonymously yourself. And if you're going to ask something really personal, less people are going to answer the question if they can't answer anonymously. Just curious about people's reasons.

Most Helpful Guy

• because some people don't have a life other then the internet & take it too seriously. Think about it, I could never see myself worrying if someone is anon or not, just seems so trivial & pathetic. If I don't like an answer, I ignore it. I won't sit there & let it stew & get upset so that's just showing you the matuity level of some people.

I have been here for almost 3 yrs, it was never even mentioned until not long ago & it's only a few people who seem to let it get to them.

I have also noticed a lot of good people with great answers from before don't seem to be putting in as much as they use to. Wonder why. These same people whining about anons asking STUPID questions (& asking Anon) like "who do you like the best" or who's the most attractive on GAG" plus many others.

Asking/ answering anon is a persons right & if a few immature people have a problem with that, please block me because your answers don't mean too much to me.

This site has going to sh*t.

What Guys Said 9

• Because they're punk ass trolls who wouldn't say what they are saying without the cover of being anonymous. I think that's the main reason. I think another is that some people want to get to know the people who are answering their questions and if you're anonymous then that kind of beats the point for them.

• Wait till you have some Anon jackass show up, and you can't block them because they're anon. Best to act pre-emptively, if you've been having trouble with anons lately that is. Otherwise... no need to check that box probably.

• Lol I saw you get trolled on a question you asked yesterday by that guy that said he would give you a trip to pakistan then a burial in the ocean. That guy was such a troll. It was funny though.

• children...

• yeah seems stupid to me too, I think you should be able to block and anon user though, like you can block anybody else just block them when they are anon, and it blocks that person that is anon

• I really agree with you, I think that's a stupid option off of this site!

• So in case we get trolls being d***heads for little reason we can see who they are and block them/avoid them in the future.

A lot of anon's like to cheap shot you in your question because they know they can get away with it without little repercussions.

• I don't do I but I don't like when people answer anon because I want people to get to know me and me to get to know them.

• I don't think I would block anybody.

• I'm not going to do it. Like what I've already said, there should be a check box to block idiotic anonymous users who love to troll. Not those that use it constantly and are trying to help.

• I really don't care if some anon trolls me so I'm not going to block all of them from my Qs

What Girls Said 5

• I would block anon users mainly because it cuts down on people trolling or being jerks. At least then I can block the trouble maker and stop it from ever happening again.

• Holly smokes I just noticed you can block anon. users from answering! Duh! O_0

• I don't. I guess it depends on the question being asked.

• To avoid trolls, or block mean users.

• I agree. I don't think it's fair, we should be able to block specific anonymous users though.