What I emailed GAG about before they made these changes and that's to get an update or notification when someone replies to your comment on their answer. I.E If I comment on Kain's answer and he replies back to my comment I would like to know that he commented back instead of having to go check myself if he's commented or not. It's quite frustrating and I was hoping they would have fixed it but nope.
There still needs to be a social section where everyone can talk as we do on answer comments. Questions that are in the Other category that ask things like "What's your favorite movie?" or things like that, are usually deleted. Yes we can chat with people on IM, but talking together on comments and stuff is cool too.
Oh, and improve the notifications! I want to see who responds to my comments, whether they are on my answer or not. If they did it like YouTube where you can either comment in general, or you can reply to a specific poster (and it then sends that person a notification), that would awesome.
-I don`t like "the best answer". Mostly it isn`t such. It`s so much arbitrariness, moody and very often only subjectivism.
But if you want to keep "the best answer", then you have to wait about 12 hours or even more, because the user live worldwide, so they live in different time.zones.
-It would be good, to know who is up, - and downvoting anyone. I`m sure we have here some rope.parties, which give points like anyone is giving balls by a ball.game. The rope.parties are there for to reach the target, the level 10.
- It would be good to kick off all the same questions. Sometimes you find an question by the tenth time or even more. This isn`t usual in other forums.
- The answer.fields should be more enlarged. It`s not rare, that anyone would write more, but the text get stopped.
- The recently topics here are very strange for me. I can`t see any sense, why some subjects you find after weeks or even months, although they are nonsense.
- It should give a field with the name gossip. Some questions are really stupid or without any contents and/or sense. It`s impossible f.e. political/philosophical etc. questions together with every other "farts".
- The mods should transport such questions in the right field, where they are fitting. Some users are not able to categorize. They don`t know what belongs to which field.
So you find f.e. sexual questions in others and so on. So it is sometimes more or less chaotic.
Edit/ delete answers and comments also delete peoples answers on your question. Also after your done answer a question I want a button to take me back to the previous page the question was on so I don't have to click the category find the page then find the question/ or go back 2 times. Would make answering questions faster. Then take out annon users, I see no point for them if you got a question just ask it you shouldn't feel ashamed/ most anon user are just new accounts any way. Also best answer should be may more points 25-50 seems about right/ half of the people don't even award a best answer and when I do get it I had to take a decent amount of time to answer the question. Finally show who down voted/ up voted your answer.
The site itself as a whole needs a newer, refreshed look. It's looked the same since I've been here and more than likely before that. And only offending anoymous users should be blocked. For example, if an anonymous user wishes to spam or flame your post, and they do it constantly, there should be a check box right under their name. No more of that nonsense. It's bettter than blocked anonymous users who just answer questions like that day to day honestly, rather than block them with those that don't.
1) I think that someone who posts a question anonymously should be able to be blocked... People hide behind that and troll or argue with people. Then when something doesn't pan out they block you but never show their face so you can block them... It's unbalanced.
2) I think you should have the ability to have peoples questions/answers of those you have blocked minimized when you are viewing the site. It could treat their posts similar to how spam on youtube is treated. There stuff could be put into a little DHTML dive with +/- button to maximize/minimize so that their posts could be filtered out from your eyes if you choose to do that.
I think it'd be a good idea to be able to block anonymous people, like say if you answer a question posted by someone anonymous, or they answer your question anonymously, and they are being d***s to you, then you should be able to block them even though you don't know who it is. But I guess that would give who it was away once they were added to your block list lol
more points for asking/answering Q's,i get that they have to spend more money now that they have more gift cards for diff. sites,but it's not fair,they should at least give us 5points per an answer,if they want more money-put up more adds on the site