Why does GirlsAskGuys automatically delete questions instead of?

giving you an option of deleting them? like I had 2 questions I guess they looked similar but they were completely different. and one of them got deleted :( what gives?

Most Helpful Guy

• So if an admin sees a question that has been "re-asked", they move it to that section instead of deleting it? If so then it's a pretty good idea. The issue I see is that eventually that section would also get very mucked up and filled with...just stuff. I've seen a good bit of report and general questions that LondonPrincess was talking about and I agree that they aren't necessary. But I also get what you mean and think that some people have unique questions that vary from other similar questions.

So yeah, it's a good idea but it could lead to the same thing as what's going on now.

What Guys Said 8

• Would the users specify something goes to the "re-ask" section or do the admins have to move it there?

The reason I ask is because users are continually going to post redundant questions to the Sexuality section no matter what because no one has answered their question within 5 minutes of posting it and they want the most views possible.

• Well, the site can already detect related questions, so if it is, "does he like me?", or "do I have a small penis?" it'll go under the "re-ask" section automatically. Instead of going into "recently asked" it'll go under "re-asked" or "recently re-asked" questions.

• Oh... you are talking about something different from the link you posted...

The person in the link is complaining because they asked 2 questions and 1 got removed (claiming they were different). But you're talking about every single "does he like me" question getting moved because while the details differ, the general idea of the question remains the same?

• Well I figured she could keep both.

• I've had problems asking questions recently, keeps on redirecting me to 'similar questions' screen... what's that about?!?!

• If you scroll down, your question is on the bottom, then you can hit "submit" button. That happened to me too, I was like WTF?!?!?

• I feel so stupid, cheers Megan lad, appreciated :)

• Hahaha, no worries. You're not stupid. I had to ask someone else the same question, and he goes to me, "scroll down" =D It wasn't fair, his computer screen is 32'! =O LOL

• It's hard to say when you don't give any useful information here.

What were the questions?

How were they different?

How do you know that one was deleted because it was marked as a duplicate?

• they told me, they sent an email lol

• it would be nice but I'm guessing they think they "solved" this problem by showing similiar questions when you ask one. Even though they usually aren't even relevant

• I feel like... like... uhmmm...

I feel hungry thinking about it.

• With them starting to cut down on questions that are FAQ's-we're going to start running out of things to ask. Re-ask wouldn't be a bad idea at all.

• Right, it will turn into a survey site more so, or there will only be few common users who just happen to love asking unique questions.

• Nahhhh, you always ask great ones! XD

• lol, thanks :D

• Maybe you should have held off with the second question until later that day or worded it in such a way that it didn't seem similar to the first one.

• If they deem in nonsense, it's an infamous popularity question, or violates the terms of use, it's gone. You can always inquire with admin about why it was removed, plead your case, and they may put it back up.

What Girls Said 6

• We have made a great change to the site! All "repetitive questions" (questions that don't contain details or specifics, and ask a very general and commonly asked question) are removed, and members are directed to the same question that was asked previously.

We are doing this to improve the GirlsAskGuys experience - by removing duplicate information, we can increase the quality and focus on helping users get better answers in one central location! :)

• It stinks! :( Same thing happened to me!

• LondonPrincess, I don't mean to be difficult, but different users answer one of them, not all of them because of the time it is posted. For instance, 1 month ago the question may have been asked, but then the same question gets asked a new user, or an old user who never saw the old question before gives better information than in the same question that was posted a month ago. Maybe if there was a filing system, or a way to shift the answers over to the question,

• or maybe users can "re-ask section" that would be awesome. I think I will post that as my new question. =D

• I think that is a good idea. You are brilliant!

And, @update: LMAO at the small penis hahahaaaaa! <33333333333

• i like that idea good one

• hola wife!

hmmm... wouldn't almost all questions go under the re-asked category then? rarely are there any truly 'new' questions, imo. :p

• hmmm, good point, but maybe ones that are more exact like the penis questions?

• kk wife :D

• Thank you =D <33333333333

@Kain - Thank you too! <333 =D

• @UPDATE I AGREE! : )

• You can always contact the admins.