Why have a lot of GAG users made their profiles private these days?

Why have lot of GAG users made their profile's Private these days?

especially those with Level 9 & 10 or with XPER pts 5000 & above.

I see all level 9 and 10 users on GAG have their profile's private?why?

if women do it,its fine but a lot of guys doing it too...thts the reason why I asked

Most Helpful Girl

• Because when you reach higher level you would have more haters.If you don't make it private some stalkers might go to your profile and check all your recent activities,down vote every of your answers.Beside that it also due to privacy.Some users have few pictures inside.People tend to add you for your pictures sometimes.

What Girls Said 7

• To keep perverts from trying to chat with us when we are online. I know that's why I made mine private. I had guys asking me for sex chats all the time and it was very annoying. Now I know that the only people that can chat with me are my friends.

• Because there are a number of users who enjoy going through my answers & questions and spamming them :)

Making my profile private prevents them from doing so. For that reason I also choose to not allow anonymous answers anymore :)

I mean, I already know who "stalks" me, but I won't block them, especially since they're bipolar

For some girls, it's due to perverts

• Haven't fully privatized mine yet, but just took down actual pictures of myself for the same reasons the rest of these ladies listed.

• @update: A lot of guys dot it for the same reason as girls. The male xper users are not interested in cybering with unknown females. They are actually respectable guys who understand the purpose of the site.

Mine is private because I have obsessive stalkers like this one: link

That's nothing, I have a lot of GaG horror stories because people abuse the admins trust.

• hehe,he logged in with username just like urs as well

• LOL

I wonder these people have anything else to do.

@ ALL THE STALKERS: get a life :D

• AMEN! LOL =D

• why not?

• but what if you keep it public,will it cause any particular problem?like more people bugging you or something like that?

• yes,people like to troll,esp. on popular users

• my ex is a stalker...

• Why are you posting anonymous? because you can.

Same answer here.

What Guys Said 8

• I have no idea. It never used to be this many people with private profiles. Not that it matters. Do what you want.

• Good question, it wasn't that way before. Mostly women are doing this; maybe too many personal messages? Even I get a few of these come on 'let's get to know each other' messages so I can imagine the pretty women here must get dozens.

• a lot of guys doing it too mates...thts the reason why I asked

• People get hassle. Making your profile private is a way of saying 'Don't give me no jive, man. Just pick up and blow on out of here.' I never got the temptation to it though, I like the idea of people looking through my photos and reading what I've written on the bio and all that, hahaha. Vanity at the price of violation, ey. THAT OLD CHESTNUT.

• Cause we know better

• I got tired of 15 year old girls flirting with me.

• #1 reason I think and women no doubt get a lot more of this.

• I'm sure for every 1 girl sent me an IM, a girl on GAG received 10 messages from horny int3rn3t n3rdz. I wouldn't mind if a girl who's 18+ (Maybe 17) call me "sexy black man", but a 15/16 year old girl makes me think something is not right up there.

• I love your attitude bro :DXHRB0978575529B486ABCA7EB68E0E44469XHR

• Because I'd have someone random go to my profile and want to chat. To end that, I just set it to private.

• So brick & mortar friends and family could not spy on me...I would not care if you saw my Profile

• Girls usually to keep away perv's trying to cyber with them. And others cause there paranoid about giving out personal information. Even if its just something silly like there name.