Why did you join GAG, and has it met your needs?

As the question says, I would like to know what made you all join GAG, and if you've been satisfied with it thus far.

For me, the main thing that attracted me to GAG was the reality check section. I'm at a point in my life where I feel like I'm ready to start dating again, and I saw the site as mainly a way of getting opinions on me personally. The articles and such are nice and all, but my main desire was to more or less get opinions on my appearance, as well as my dating approach. In terms of me being satisfied, I would say maybe 50%. On the one hand, I do get a lot of great advice when it comes to dating, but the site seems to be anti-image advice, which is also important if you want to date. Even my simple question asking if I look better with or without glasses got deleted (so I don't even bother asking anything further), and the reality check section is inactive (been here for a month and it hasn't been commented on once).

Thats sort of my summary of GAG thus far. For the tl:dr version: GAG is good at giving tactical dating advice, bad for receiving personal presentation opinions.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes there are some people who give good advises here.I used to read many answers about relationship,dating,sexuality problem and I found this site is usefull as we can see different opinions from other users through out the world.Some are good and some are bad.I take the good one;)

What Girls Said 11

• Oh man, I joined this place years ago... I think I wanted advice about the guy I liked back then. And I thought the idea of the site was kind of neat. I mostly give advice / answer questions though, rather than ask them...

Also the mods or whoever don't seem to like questions on appearance, it seems like they're almost always deleted... some of things they choose to delete over others can be a bit odd sometimes.

• Yeah for sure. My glasses one was an odd removal, but when I joined, I really just wanted the opportunity to straight up ask women about my level of attractiveness, and what I could do to improve, but that seems to be heavily discouraged here, even in the smallest ways!

But anywho, at least I'm half satisfied :)

• What made me join GaG long time ago was, I was desperate to find answers about my ex at the time and I was clueless about him. I didn't know what to do. So I went on Google typing in "whats going on with him?" and GaG comes up, I'm thinking to myself, that this site is probably bullsh*t and you have to pay some sort of fee to get advice, so then I saw a lot of girls and guys answering and asking questions, so then I decided to join myself, but this account wasn't my first one, I deleted the older one and got this and have kept up with this account lately.

I have been satisfied yes, but lately people have been asking the same questions over and over again and some people just ask stupid things about how hot they look, it just makes me want exit out of the site sometimes.

But overall this site isn't too bad, it gets out of control sometimes.

But it also made me realize guys are humans after all, they show feelings as much as girls do.

• I wanted answers , and it helped me through times of breakup... which was when I came across the site

• I had question a question that needed to answered. So I asked it, and got my answers. I liked answering questions and that is why I am here.

• Free Stuff, Answers.

When I joined I got Free Stuff, Answers.

Satisfied.

• I wanted answers about a guy, and it has helped greatly in that :P

• I wanted to ask a Q about men and wanted to leave right after but now I am addicted to this site :D its really cool :)

• Cool :) I'd probably be addicted to the site too if the reality check section were active. It was one of their best features imo

• I joined because I wanted to get some advice on a situation I was in with a guy I was dating. He acted like he was interested in me but he told me he wasn't really looking for a relationship. Ironically I got a lot of bad advice, most people told me that he just wanted sex or didn't really like me and that I should move on. But shortly after he ended up asking me to be his girlfriend so I'm glad I didn't take that advice lol. But I stuck around here because I enjoy answering questions and helping people. And I like to ask questions to satisfy my curiosity from time to time. It's a good way to kill time.

• Knowledge.

Unlike you, it's not htat deep to me lol. I just came here to educate myself on a variety of topics and get advice from time to time.

• I had a question that required an answer and therefore as I was searching on google I found this site. I liked it and I stayed.

I came here having a horrible boyfriend, that I used to love very much, and this site made me get rid of him. He was controlling, manipulative, possessive and whatnot. I was in denial and very afraid to leave. I received many useful insights on my situation from friends and through questions and answer. It changed my life. I would have been married to that man if I wasn't exposed to others' opinions and thoughts.

Even through breakup, I had so many friends support me and never gave up on me. I really appreciate that. I can say that I was able to move on quickly because of GAG :)

The most important thing I gained from being on this site are the lovely friends I've made here. I consider them as real-life friends, rather than online buddies.

To all my close friends here, I LOVE you <3

• Im happy to hear that =) I'm still trying to get what I want from this site, but its good to hear that some have found it helpful

• What about for getting opinions on your appearance? Do you think this is an okay site for that or are there better...because that's really what I wanted out of GAG from the get-go

• Want a quick advice? Don't seek people's approval over your looks because each one has a preference. And yes, people ask each other here about their looks. Personally, I think you should love yourself the way you are :)

• Well I think it was because I wanted to see the questions in the sexuality section.

What Guys Said 1

• I`s my impression, that many GAG-user are honest. So you can learn about real people, how they think and feel.