Does Girlsaskguys change the wording of questions?

At first I thought I just remembered wrongly but now its happened again. I'll post a question, and later when I get on GAG I can swear that the wording of the question is not the same as it was when I posted.

perfect example. I tried to space out the letters of bullsh*t but it change to b you l l s h l t. and when the change the the wording they mess the grammer all up. I think a lot of the admins must not speak english or something. They're probably Indian.
ok. I was pissed off but now I'm back to my normal "don't give a sh*t about anything" self.

Most Helpful Girl

• They do! It's so damn annoying for those of us who don't use too much slang and when we do it's damn on purpose! >.<

I tried writing slang for cousin "c.u.z." (hope that works) and it changed it to because. And don't try write the letter "U." by itself, it'll change it into you.

• LOL! Are you serious? It changes cuz? That's PATHETIC

• Yeah I was just reading some other questions on this subject and apparently it is the way they do things. I already knew they censored curse words, but now I know for sure that they are changing wording and also they will move your questions to other areas. Like if you post in flirting they might move it to sexuality. I'm someone against any and all censorship and I think I might quit using this site because of this b you l l s h I t.

What Girls Said 4

• We do change the wording of the question (if we feel it's necessary) to make sure certain keywords are in the title. It gives us a higher ranking in Google therefore more exposure which in turn gets more views...which in turn gives you more answers. :-)

• Yeah,they did that a lot to my questions.They editted some of the words even its not offensive for the users.Its quite annoying when someone change the words that you use.They even removed many questions here.I don't get them.

@update:No they are not.

• Yes, it does.

• It's so annoying.

What Guys Said 3

• yes, they changed a couple of mine. on one I didn't mind because they actually improved it but on the other they totally ruined it, I wish they'd delete that one because of it.

• What they NEED to do is just leave our questions alone!

• Yeah well this is just another reason for me to leave this site. At first I thought it was kinda neat but as I've used it I've found that none of this info is of any real use to me, and that you basically get the same questions over and over.

• the thing about repetitive questions is annoying, especially if it's some teenybopper spouting some drivel just looking for attention.

• They're turks. Turkish admins.

And yeah, they do. They change the title around, too. Like, in a big way. Totally f***s up your question, every time. I think its so that it'll come up on the searches better, like they wanna make this website a bit of an archive of information, but godddd. Its GAY.

• Actually, on the subject of gay; They change the word f**.got to homosexual, and I always make the point of, like, a f** can be a bisexual, too. So its not even RIGHT.

• Yeah I know I shouldn't but I'm just one of those people that believes in absolute personal freedom and censorship is the anthisis of everthing I stand for.

• Haha, well yeah, me too, but I mean, its a poxy little website, hey? Its not like you're trying to publish your magnum opus here.

• There are certain automatic algorithms that run on every single question. Swear words will get masked, for example. Any question containing certain keywords like f*** or sex or p*rn, will mean that the question gets put into the Sexuality forum. And words that are "text speech", like y, gr8, you and so on, will be converted back into standard english.

If you can't write like a civilised educated person, the software will do it's best to convert your ramblings into decent english. It's not a perfect system, but clearly neither are you.