How do you guys value / consider anonymous answers you get on your questions?

Assuming they're actually honest answers to what you're asking.

Do you take them at the same face value as others who answer not anonymously?

Do you just completely ignore them altogether?

If you give out Best Answers, will you give them to anons?

And how do you guys feel about the option to block anonymous answers on questions?

Most Helpful Guy

• When I'm genuinely asking for advice, it makes no difference to me whether the person is anonymous or not, although advice from certain people who have established positive reputations on the site tends to merit more in the end.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think the option to answer anonymously can be a very good thing and a very bad thing. Some people are just more comfortable being honest when they are anonymous. Which is good because you want to get an honest opinion. If someone has a story to tell that involves abuse or something they're embarassed about, yet it could be helpful in relation to something being asked, they can be totally open without feeling judged or humiliated.

Yet some people are cowards and abuse the interesting choice to be anonymous.

I won't just not give someone BA because they're anonymous. If they gave a good, truthful, helpful answer then why not give them ba? Why ignore them just because they're answering anonymously?

I think blocking anonymous users can backfire because you could be denying yourself of certain knowledge all in some stubborn desire to see who's answering

What Guys Said 1

• yes, I value their answer the same as non anonymous if it's on point or funny. I've given anons best answer in the past and I doubt I'll ever use the block option for anonymous users. I understand why some users choose to use it but I don't think I ever will.

What Girls Said 9

• I usually treat anon and non-anon answers equally, but it does depend on the question. For example, one of my questions asked people to describe their personality, and in that case, answers that weren't anon interested me more.

I think the new feature's a good addition.

• If the advice is genuine and good and it solves my problem, why not?

As for me, I like to give advice on tons of things but I like to stay anonymous because maybe they wouldn't take me seriously if they found out my age. (since sometimes I go answering questions from people who are much further in life than I am)

But to me, it doesn't matter at all. I'd select them as best answer if they deserve it yes (: I wouldn't ignore them, 'cause maybe they're really good!

• If the advice is good it doesn't really matter who it's from. I'll definitely give best answer to anonymous people, as I often go anon myself, particularly in the sexuality forum.

• I value them just the same as I do answers that are not anonymous. I don't give out best answer because I don't think any of the questions I've asked really have a "best" answer. All the answers are good.

I think the block anonymous users feature is good for questions where the QA will expect some trolling and whatnot, but I've personally never used it. Yet.

• they are all anonymous... I don't know any of you people..

• doesn't matter an answer is an answer!

• lol sometimes anonymous answers are the best and I think to myself "He/she shouldn't have posted as anonymous" lol

• I don't even pay attention to the name I focus on the answer.

• How do you guys value / consider anonymous answers you get on your questions?

As much as none anonymous answers and I'd treat them the same as none anonymous answers.

Yes

I ignore answers/questions that should be ignored or answers/questions which are bad/have ill intentions.

Is there a reason not to give Best Answers to them? They are also users, so in all fairness, yes.

Most users are happy with it, but I have my opinions on anonymous answers and what has been going on with these topic for quite a while. Overall, whether or not an answer/question is good has nothing to do with anonymity. Sadly, the biasness against anonymous answers still persists.