Do the mods ever read/edit questions?

Life shorten the question part and put half of the question into the details?

*readjust...it got shorted and Life should be like...grrr. This is the second question in around that's been changed.
*row...I'm not crazy and unconsciously typing word!

Most Helpful Guy

• Administrators can reword questions. And it is not uncommon for them to do it mainly to make use of the search feature easier. Although most people don't bother using the search function, apparently, the administrators like for things to be worded in such a way so that people who are in your same situation can reference your question for advice rather than unnecessarily asking for one of their own.

What Guys Said 6

• Just to provide some clarification, mods CANNOT under ANY circumstances, edit your question. Even Super Moderators are only able to delete a question, they cannot edit it. Admins do that, and while I don't agree with the practice they seem to think that it improves the chances of a question being answered.

• i'm pretty sure only administrators can do that.

• some administrator just changed the title of my question too, it didn't help nor was it asked for >:O

• Starting to think somone's just fooling around...it's really weird...

• it's happened to me a few times now and only once did it actually help and make the question better, the other times ughh.

• I'm sure somebody does it.

• I'm an ex mod, and that was one thing we couldn't do. Admin still has more power than any mod, or supermod.

• They do it all the goddamn time. Too much for gag comfort.

• I don't see it as being helpful at all. They have absolutely no idea what you're trying to ask or the way you want to ask the question. Pointless what they're doing.

Hopefully one of them sees this so I can say stop being retarded.

What Girls Said 9

• Yeah, they do that. They changed the title of my question once, which coupled with some editing to my question, led to a lot of annoying answers because they changed the overall gist of what I was asking.

• Yes we read / go through questions.

Mods are able to remove answers and answer comments (we have a few other duties, as well) as for editing questions that's not our job. I agree though it can be frustrating if it's not the way you want it or it's changed to something you didn't want. - If you have a problem feel free to go to "Contact Us" at the bottom of the page.

• Yeah I've seen instances of mods edit question titles so they don't make sense :P

• No, you haven't. Mods cannot edit questions in any way. Admins are the ones messing with your questions, although I don't agree with the practice.

• Oopsie my bad :O :O Thanks :P

• Yeah, they edit a lot. Sometimes they mess up so bad it's barely what you asked in the first place.

• I asked and they just told me it's to help the asker get better answers...

• I've had my whole question changed before. It's annoying.

• yup. they do that a lot.

• yup...I have gotten questions taken off.

• Probably. they seem to think they're special just because they've spent enough time on the internet instead of out their living their lives to be a moderator on a website :P LOL!

• Omg! That's why one of my questions got put into the wrong category and one of my questions had a word changed in it!