Why do serious questions get less answers on Girlsaskguys?

I saw many serious and important questions here and I always try to answer.I know some people might have no idea to give their opinion but at least try to help the QA or show some concern.Sometimes its only me or two other people who answered it.There are so many stupid and useless questions here that get so many users attention.Like what is your eyes color,what is your ethnicity.What nationality are you.Do you like to eat this.Do you like to watch that.What type of music you like to hear.Obviously its not a kind of problem but its more to preference.Last few years when I joined this site I saw many usefull answers and people like to help QA by giving their perspective.I really hope GAG member back to the old track.

Most Helpful Girl

• Good and accurate observation. Serious questions by nature require more thought and more effort, and sometimes (God forbid) empathizing with someone else and thinking about them. Most people are just looking for an opportunity or just want to talk about themselves; your standard "I have blue eyes, I'm white, I like spaghetti but not with cream sauce for dinner, my boyfriend is weird about..." answers. It can also depend on the mood. I always try to answer serious questions when they arise though.

• Yeah me too but usually I noticed only me and few people answering it.Thats so nice of you anyway:)

• Some people gave quite cruel answers.They might think its a joke or maybe the QA want attention,but who knows if they really having a teribble feeling/life that time.Its so sad that people take serious question as a joke.

• Exactly. If it sounds serious, I take it seriously.

What Guys Said 5

• Well members usually answers questions like " Does he like me? " Or "What can I do to get my lover back?" Or " Why isn't my Crush paying me attention?"

Also people tend to post questions and write a Damn Short story! A ..DAMN ..SHORT STORY...People need to keep things simple, just facts, Who, what,when, where, and why. If they keep their stories under a paragraph then most people will answer it. I personally tackle the big questions with the stories twice a day. Even though it consists of so much feelings and unnecessary details and explanations. I try my best to give the best answers I can due to their situation and the information they provide, even if my answer doesn't really solve their problem, it points them in the right direction to finding it. =D

• People like answering these questions to get attention. I agree with you I know several users not gonna say any names that just spam refresh and answer any question in sexuality catagory but nothing in relationships or the more serious catagories. Some people use the internet as a sourceof validation so pretending to be a sex expert makes them feel better. I say let them be happy and the real Gag members can continue to try to help people.

• There are some users who would answer a question that require them to answer yes or no only.Its pretty annoying especially without explanation.

• I love how people are saying they do it because the questions are too long I mean comeon your sitting your ass on the computer already why not be productive?

• I'll admit that I have gotten lost in the mix of idiotic nonsense recently =P. Though it is fun, I need to get back on track and help some people out more often.

• By answering that kind of questions more people would post unimportant question as they know they would get many answers.Some serious questions got like 2 answers only lol.

• It is sad indeed, but not everyone is interested in helping others. Many are just on here for a social interaction, which is fine, but not really the purpose of the site =P

• Exactly..

• good point. I am a bit older but have some experiences to share. I am not, however, an expert in response.

• bc serious questions are long and people don't feel like reading all of it (sadly)

• i think so.Thats sad.Many people really need help here.

• Yea I know I try to answer serious q's

What Girls Said 3

• For me, I try to answer what I can. Sometimes the questions already have answers that I think are appropriate and other times I feel like I do not have enough insight to answer a question and don't want give them bad advice. I will give an opinion though, based on a what I would think in that situation due to information given.

• I think a lot of people just can't be bothered to actually put in the effort to actually read and analyze the serious questions. They'd rather read more pointless questions and reply with equally pointless answers.

• they're usually long and boring. I try answering the ones I have an answer to, but sometimes I'm just not in the mood for them.