Do you feel you've helped anybody on Girlsaskguys?

Or haven't you? Or do you feel that people on here have helped you in any way?

0|0
31|37

Most Helpful Guy

• Good question. The problem is a lot of people on this are young...sometimes too young (like 15/16). While I love energetic kids...they are inexperienced and sometimes blast me when I write a question about something that is serious/embarrassing, etc. This is just normal people on this site, not professional counselors. Ia also think the vast majority of the people on this site are liberal, and I'm conservative. When I write about sensitive issues like homosexuals (I'm straight) or abortion I get biased feedback.

However I have had a few good answers. At least it's place for me to ventilate. I have tried to provide logical answers wherever possible. I'm 30, so I can look back on the stupid things I did 18-24 and relate to these kids problems. Tell them how to go about things how I should have went about things.

0|1
    0|0
    • True. I wish there were more mature people here. But as GaG is cracking down on trolls and better monitoring q and a the quality is improving slowly.

What Girls Said 31

• sometimes I have helped and got a thanks back which is really nice to hear.

some times people have helped and I'm glad

sometimes people haven't been much of help

you get a mixture of responses on a site like this since anyone can answer, those qualified to or those not.

1|1
    0|0
  • I think the site helps people. It helped me in the beginning, and now I feel like I can help a few people too. =)

1|4
    0|0
  • I'd like to think so.

But I doubt it.

0|1
    0|0
  • I hope so. I can't think of any particular individual who has helped me, but being on this site has taught me so much about people and being human...

0|1
    0|0
  • I think so.

And yeah, this site in general has kinda helped me. I'm super shy IRL and I don't talk very much, but GAG has helped get me used to articulating my ideas more and (in combination with a few other things) I've been speaking to people a little more. Not exactly helping with what the site is for, but help nonetheless.

1|1
    0|0
  • Eh I don't think so. I've put time into a lot of my answers and gotten BA for it but I don't know if I really truly helped them. Although that would be pretty cool. :)

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, there has been times whenI answered questions correctly.

0|1
    0|0
  • I hope so; in little ways I think.

0|2
    0|0
  • Defiantly. There have been some really positive moments.

0|2
    0|0
  • honestly, no.

1|2
    0|0
  • Yes. I had a few people that really thanked me for helping them put things in perspective. As for myself, I have gotten some very helpful and comforting answers. Overall this site is fairly good.

0|0
    0|0
  • I hope I have.

0|1
    0|0
  • Hahaha I really don't know

0|1
    0|0
  • i tried to, don't think I did any good though :/

0|1
    0|0
  • Of course I feel that I have helped someone. I have 30 best answers to show for it.! :D

0|1
    0|0
  • i think I have helped a few people... at least I hope so :p

0|2
    0|0
  • i hope I've helped people.

and lot's of people have definitely helped me on here.:)

@WeaponZero gives me great advice.

0|1
    0|0
  • I haven't asked any questions on here but I definitely feel that I've helped someone somewhere along the line and maybe through answering questions I have helped myself unconsciously.

1|2
    0|0
  • Who knows. I hope so. :P

One person in particular has helped me in some ways.

0|1
    0|0
  • haha I hope so

0|1
    0|0
  • Definitely

No doubt about it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah numerous times.

0|1
    0|0
  • i think I have, or at least I hope I have. :)

0|1
    0|0
  • I have stopped someone from killing themselves before...that was really scary..im glad there all better now tho

0|0
    0|0
  • I've met a few people on here who really helped me, and they know who they are.

I like to think I've helped a few people too, or at least I hope I did :)

0|0
    0|0
  • ppl here have definitely helped me. I helped people in my way as well and hope it works (usu no update so don't know if its helpful or not). anyways I'll keep doing this.

0|0
    0|0
  • There have been a few serious, well thought out answers I've given.

But for the most part, no.

0|1
    0|0
  • Definitaley

0|1
    0|0
  • I feel people have helped me if I have trouble misery loves company as they say.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like to think I've helped some people. Not anything life changing, but hopefully made them feel a little bit better

0|1
    0|0
  • More from Girls

What Guys Said 36

• I have had people tell me that I've helped them.

I choose to believe they were being truthful and not just blowing smoke up my ass.

2|3
    0|1
  • I believe so, once or twice. Doesn't matter to me, really. After all, any thoughts, advice or opinions I provide are free for people to ignore or consider as they wish. I neither gain nor lose anything in any case (except, perhaps, some of my own time, but that's largely inconsequential).

As for bing helped myself, I feel I've learned a little about how people in general work (though with more of a weighted insight into how the average girl thinks), but nothing that's particularly enhanced my own life. That's my own fault, though.

0|1
    0|0
  • I've helped at least two people out.

Someone "lost a contact" but felt itchy and irritated for some reason. I told her to rub her closed eyelid downwards and towards the pupil. She messaged me saying it worked and thanked me.

Another guy had a question about diet, and what kind of foods are healthy, sensible, and easy to prepare. He messaged me later saying he actually went to the store and bought some of the things listed.

There's no way to prove that anything else is really helpful since it's all talk. I doubt people really take advice and put it into action unless it's like the cases I listed above, where you aren't meddling with one's morals rather just teaching them basic know-how.

0|1
    0|0
  • I once helped out a couple of Government folks find some men they were looking for. But turns out that in the end, the only thanks I got put me worse off than before they ever came along.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's one thing to give advice, but it's another thing entirely if they actually took your advice and followed through with what you said.

In that regard, I don't really feel like I've helped anybody; I have never heard of a follow-up as to how so-and-so played out, and, as such, can't definitively say whether I helped them out or not.

1|2
    0|0
  • I sometimes ask people to 'keep us updated' after I do my thang.. Nobody ever does..

It bweaks my heart a little :(

0|1
    0|0
  • I KNOW I have helped people, including myself.

0|1
    0|0
  • Before I joined this site, I have read a few articles here and there which I found to be very insightful. So yes, I'd say that I got helped, even though indirectly. lol And if it worked for me in that manner, then I'm sure I have helped people who were not members of the site.

I do agree with Disputin_Rasputin. Without additional feedback and "follow-up" from the person I'm trying to help, I'm uncertain if what I wrote was helpful to them in any way.

0|2
    0|0
  • I could have helped a few people, hypothetical situations that I make up may not be the case, but hopefully I am doing some good, and no one has helped me as I haven't asked any questions

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd like to think I've helped some people here. I certainly have been helped.

0|1
    0|0
  • I know I've greatly helped out at least one person. I like to think I helped out more.

0|2
    0|0
  • I hope I helped at least one person

0|1
    0|0
  • I feel I have. Also, some people have helped me when I asked a question was nice to get that assistance, even if a little.

But you never know if you really did or didn't, huh.

0|1
    0|0
  • at least a few

0|1
    0|0
  • They have helped me a whole bunch, some dumb remarks may be forgotten, we are human, so just take advantage of those smart-friendly comments.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think I have actually annoyed more and made them angry instead of helping...

Especially if it's about ''do I look good questions"

Have they helped me? Yes! By providing entertainment!

1|0
    0|0
  • Yea many of times

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes :)

0|2
    0|0
  • doubtful.

0|1
    0|0
  • Honestly I don't know but I hope I have at some point. Some of the answers I have received have helped me out some.

0|1
    0|0
  • I hope so(:

0|1
    0|0
  • jaysus I'd like to feckin think so that'd be a mighty waste of time if I haven't lol :P

0|1
    0|0
  • I have shared some of my life experiences to help people. But I mostly feel like a burden to everyone now :( which is why il be leaving gag in a few weeks.

0|1
    0|0
    • NO! don't leave! no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

NO.

• You can't be serious?

• Why would she say what she did if she isn't? And why do you feel like you're a burden? You think asking questions makes people think that way? We've all got some problems, and if people think of us as burdens, you're better off without them.

• ya easily

0|1
    0|0
  • I just tried to be helpful. I think I gave a lot of reasonable answers. People must have taken those answers into account. But at the end, ultimate decision maker is the QA who has a lot of choices to choose from, based on his own personal judgement.

0|1
    0|0
  • hopefully I have originally I came here to help my self and not care about others problems but I found that I shared more in common with the people here I stayed to see if I could make a difference I but I have yet to see how I have helped others, although I have been thanked by a few

0|0
    0|0
  • I say I have plenty of times.

0|1
    0|0
  • Um...no. I don't think I've made a major impact or anything with anybody from GAG.

0|0
    0|0
  • I feel I have.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, but barely anybody helps me with girl problems...

0|1
    0|0
  • More from Guys