What's the difference between a yellow bubble (moderator) and a red bubble (super moderator), if any?

If you hover over their name and they're a red bubble, it says 'super moderator', what extra abilities, if any, does this provide? Also when and why were they chosen for this role?

Updates:
I can see this Q getting deleted by a 'super mod' because loads of similar ones were asked five days ago.

Delete questions eh? SOunds good, not enough questions were getting deleted before.

1|0
3|2

Most Helpful Girl

• Supermods can delete questions and answers.

0|0
    0|1

What Girls Said 2

• 0|0
    1|1
  • red can delete questions (like this one because it has been asked a lot lately)

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• In general, moderators have the ability to delete posts and suspend users (temporarily) whereas a "Super" moderator can change practically anything they want. These moderators are usually employed by the website. Regular moderators are simply regular users with more power. Much like a supervisor or manager in an employment scenario.

0|0
    1|3
    • Temporarily? How dos that even work? I've never seen/heard that before. Employed? Like monetary?

• Show All
    • Moderators cannot ban people, temporarily or otherwise. We are not paid. Believe me, I think I'd recognize the paycheck when I saw it. Or wait. No. Scratch that. THEY OWE ME. I want 3 years back pay. Now. MOD STRIKE! STRIKE! STRIKE! STRIKE!

• I was hypothesizing from what I knew of other websites :P

• All I know is that supermoderators (red bubble) can now delete questions answers comments etc

0|0
    0|0