Have other people's answers in questions influenced your answer?

When you answer a question and see other answers there have they influenced what you write in your answer?

Do you read answers before answering?
Finally to those who have read other peoples answers in questions do you think that it might have a subliminal affect on your own answer? Like a part of your answer is similar to anothers because you read anothers answer?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, I pretty much already know what I'm going to say once I've read the question and thought about it for a second (or however long is needed), but I do skim through the other answers before actually posting it. I don't want to pointlessly repeat the same thing many people have already said, so if my response is practically identical to something someone else has said, I'll just add a +1 and move on. Other times I see a point that someone's made which I'd like to expand upon, or a new thought will occur to me after reading someone else's answer. The goal is to add to the discussion.

I'm not going to say anything that disagrees with my own sense, even if everyone else is saying it, but I'd say other peoples' answers do have some influence over how I respond. Not in the sense that I'd write something similar, but I'm just able to answer the question more effectively and usefully after having a general idea of what people have said. That way I don't read all of the responses after posting and realize there's actually a few other things I wanted to mention that haven't been said, and now I have to use comments to add to my answer.

What Girls Said 11

• Sometimes. I mean, usually after reading a question, I already know more-or-less what my answer is going to be. But occasionally I'll read an answer with a point of view that I hadn't really considered at first.

• No,but I just read other answers because I don't want to write the same thing so I would answer with something different.If the answer that I wanna write has been given by many users that I probably don't answer it anymore,unless if I have other opinion.

• On occasion I won't answer a question if a bunch of other people have said the exact same thing I have. Usually though, I read other answers after I answer the question.

• After reading all the answers, I have to say noooo <3333

• No

I'm sure if they did it would definitely show i.e, people would like me, not thumb me down as much, I'd give cookie cutter politically correct answers

The only way it's influenced is the appearance questions. If it's obvious that the QA is unattractive and everyone is pouring it on thick, that means an TRUE honest answers will get hell, so I won't answer. Although I don't feel comfortable answering those Qs to begin with.

• Not always. I usually answer first, and then read the answers to see if I didn't misunderstand the question :P and then sometimes those answers make me change my mind, and I re-answer.

• Yes it does help give a little insight of what people say. Sometimes it really helps with questions similar to (what are your favorite movie from the 80's).

• No,I tell like it is even if I know no one else agrees.

• at update I usually do but it doesn't change my view of things what ever it may be.

• sometimes, because sometimes I need a different take on the subject

• not really, I usually first write my response before looking at other people's responses.

• no...

What Guys Said 11

• The only time I'm influenced by another answer is when I scroll down, read someone else's answer and go "F*** it. That's the perfect answer right there..", +1 and press "backspace". :P

• Not really. I'll read the other answers usually after I've decided what I'm going to say.

• No

• @Update

Depends on the question

• Yea sometimes when I don't feel like reading the whole question

• I usually write my answer before reading the other answers. If I was brought to a question by someone on my friends list, then I read their answer before I answer. If they echo my sentiments completely I give them a +1 and comment on their answer.

• Not usually. Sometimes they make me notice I didn't understand a question right though and I have to rewrite my answer.

• I try to answer myself before I read others

• Not really no

• nope, I answer with my own opinion

• Very rarely.