Is it annoying when you get a bunch of uppies/downies but no comments on why you got them?

I don't get very many uppies and downies for my answers but when I do, I normally don't get comments on them. It makes me sad because I'd like to know what I said wrong, or right.

I think we should make it so that if you want to uppie or down an answer, you have to comment why you're giving it. Also, I think uppies should give you a point and downies should take away a point.

Most Helpful Guy

• Firstly, ups give you a point already.

Secondly, making downs remove points would just make targeting and abusing someone so much easier.

Thirdly, making people comment before voting would make people avoid voting all together.

Fourthly, if a person agrees with you, they vote you up, if a person disagrees they vote you down, if they both agree and disagree then they comment, and if they don't care then they don't vote.

What Girls Said 2

• Whether or not someone agrees(up arrow) or disagrees with my answer is NOT. My concern. I am truly trying to help someone out with my thoughts on their problem or question. Adding or subtracting points would irritate the he'll out of me. This site isn't a popularity contest..! It's made fore the curious asker to get advice. When I get up/down arrows I really don't care.. My goal is to help the asker not fellow readers.

• I do not care.

What Guys Said 3

• Sometimes it's just because they disagree with you. Sometimes it's just personal.

Don't worry about it.

• i couldn't give a sh*t

• Nope, doesn't bother me. I have an opinion or something to say about a topic, and so do other people. For that, I could care less who agrees with me or not.