Why do people answer/ask anonymously?

I just don't get it. Not to say whatever you want to on the Internet but isn't it pretty much already anonymous since the people on here really don't know you?

Most Helpful Guy

• i agree with you, but some of the girls/women on here have a good reason to use it with some questions considering how many pervy guys are on here.

What Girls Said 8

• If you're a regular user some people do know who you are in a way, and sometimes people are uncomfortable with others they talk to nearly every day knowing personal things about them. Maybe they want unbiased answers, or they don't want to deal with people judging them for their answers. People have different reasons, but what does it matter? It doesn't bother me if an answer or question is anon unless they're trolling annoyingly.

• Sometimes I just feel more comfortable with the extra layer of anonymity by answering/asking anonymously

• I know exactly what you mean, but I think it's because I know thequestion asker, or if it's something personal I just feel better putting anonymous. But yeah.. you do have a point, and I gguess I don't have a real answer except it just makes me feel better pressing anonymous

• i do ususally because sometimes I answer some embarassing question and I don't want to take the chance of someone that might know me to see it.

• well one reason is that they are just very shy or don't want people to judge them because when they are anonymous questions are taken a bit more serious but I don't know that's the way I see it. and maybe if you got people you like to talk to on here they don't want them to know spome sort of things.

• But I do know some people personally...

• I don't know people love to comfort and luxury of being anonymous.

• HEY! as Long as the anonymous button is here...ima use it!

What Guys Said 5

• It's annoying, but people do it when they do not want others to find out who asked, or answered the question. Maybe they feel embarrassed about it, or if it involves another person, that other person might find the question/answer, recognize the person, and that could cause problems. So, that's why people chose "anonymous" sometimes.

• I only use it because I know a lot of people on this site and I just don't want them to know embarassing stuff about me, especially since I have my real pics on here.

• Some people take it way too seriously, hence that's why they use the anonymous feature. And that's just what some users do here on a frequent basis.

• The guaranteed privacy isn't enough

• umm no actually some people know each other here

this question is pretty narrow minded