Do you think the answers we get for our questions aren't really accurate?

If you think about it, A LOT of people on here are asking questions that they're looking for certain answers and it seems like the only people that comment are the people that agree with that person or just say the answer they know the question asker wants to hear, and if someone actually does give their honest opinion they either get a thumbs down on their answer or bombarded by a bunch of criticism for just being honest.

So do you think the questions we ask or the answers we see are actually something we should take into consideration?

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on who's answering. I've seen a lot of answers that don't tell the QA what they want to hear. Then the QA gets defensive and offended and pissed because someone just yanked them out of their fantasy. That's why I love the option to be anonymous. I think it makes people more open and honest. Even if the person comes across as rude or harsh, it's pure honesty coming out of their mouths. Honesty is like gold.

The whole thumbs down thing is silly to me lol I mean some people get so offended when they get thumbs downs and I don't get that. Stop being so sensitive. It's not like thumbs ups and thumbs downs make or break the quality of your life.

• thanks for ba! :D Personally, I tihnk it's annoying when I ask a question and I can just sense the answerer kissing my ass and telling me what they think I want to hear.

What Guys Said 11

• I encounter a mix of the situations you describe.

Some people aren't here to give honest opinions, nor honest advice. Just like in real life.

For those that give genuine answers, please don't lump them into your negative categories.

And, remember, answers are only as good as the person wanting to honestly listen to the response and ACT on the advice.

Perhaps these people aren't asking the right questions, nor are the right people voting great and true answers down.

The truth eventually wins out, even against a mob.

• lol, yes. that's why this exists at the bottom of the page:

Disclaimer: GirlsAskGuys cannot guarantee the accuracy of answers, opinions and advice submitted by members. Use common sense when following or avoiding any content on GirlsAskGuys.

• I see it all the time especially with guys preferences, apparently there is a lot of guys on here with very low or non-existent standards and they and questions on guys preference and standards and make it seem like or say that their preferences and standards reflect most men. for example I have had many people act like I'm super weird or have super high standards because women having body or facial is a huge deal to me and some them were even from my country (America) according to thier profile and the vast majority of American men feel the same way. of course its impossible to tell how many are being dishonest since this site his open to many countries and a lot of people refused to say what state and country they live in or even just the country. which insanely ridiculous, like serious if you are that scared of people go live in a cave or something

• I have also gotten so many mark downs for stating the truth (not my oppinion) and questions also encourage people to lie and suck their d*** (by rewarding them with best answer) wicked pisses me off

• i always answer truthfully...

• Justly it is answers they want but some want to know

• i think it really depends on what kind of question is asked. meaning some questions can provide an outlet for more honesty and openness than others. but to the contrary, I think some questions actually negate responses because some people are either too shy to respond or they don't have the motivation to.

• You are absolutely right. Many times I gave my honest opinion and got a lot of thumbs down. So this happens. Most of the times people answer just to get XPERs.

But I think words make the difference in the end. I have seen many a times that I answered straight forward but other persons used more romantic or poetic words lol.

• If someone like Belgie or selfishstars answers a Q I'll take their advice seriously

• take it or live it.

they once own opinion :)

• I agree

• It's very easy for someone to say "I got thumbs down, but I was just being honest"

You make no allowances for the fact that other people may have different opinions to you.

For example, suppose a girl asks if her small boobs are going to mean she never gets a boyfriend.

One person says "Guys are obsessed with boobs. Your best bet is surgery."

They get thumbed down for this, and plenty of guys say "Hey, I don't like 'em big. And surgery to make a mythical boyfriend happy, is a bad mistake."

Do you not see how the first answerer there could start moaning about how they got thumbed down for being "honest"? But really, all they were doing was giving their opinion, and it turned out it wasn't the majority opinion, even if they thought it was?

What Girls Said 8

• yea it seems like people just give opinions/judgements and not actual advice, like a pregnant girl posted a question and 90% of the answers were "I can't believe you had sex with no condom, your stupid" seriously? I wish there was a more mature version of GAG, sorry guys, but yeah. The questions aren't any better either..

• That stuff gonna be always - even in politics!

If someone does something stupid - they'll have to suck it up and concentrate on those 10% who actually give an advice!

• Some folks on here are looking for actual opinions and or advice and others are looking for validation of behavior etc concerning their dilemma.They want very specific answers that actually aren't beneficial at all.If I can scope out those users/questions,i try to just not even bother responding,its a lost cause.But then again,should we care so much?Opinions are like an @$$****,...everybody has one.So if the QA doesn't like a response,disregard it and keep it moving.

• Well I think some answer truthfully, plus sometimes people mean to say something one way and it comes out as a negative response to another. I try to answer truthfully.

• Most people here express the majority opinion, people who get it know the majority isn't always right

• Of course they aren't "accurate." They are opinions.

• not every question involves oppinoins (most that I have seen so far we asking for facts)

• most of my activity has been in flirting

• Then, for sure those answers are opinions & not facts. I've been in dating too, those ?s are asking for opinions.

• its really a mix some answers don't make sense half the time and are overly generalized but I always scroll to the answerer's username to see their age range, and I notice the younger crowd always give the most immature answers which I tend to ignore.

i always give my honest opinion I only answer questions that I can relate to or have experienced similar in my life, and its so much easier to give my two cents on things. I don't even answer questions I can't relate to or am not an expert on. I only speak from my experience.

• you don't have to be an expert in that subject to know something about a certain subject

• You've probably have worked out that some questions and answers are really subjective and there's no way you can say right or wrong from there. I'll give it to you that yes there are people who want a sense of approval from users here, but at the same time there are also users who have been honest but not with the intention of helping the QA. I can't agree nor disagree with you on whether answers we get aren't really accurate All I can say is that there are a minority of answers that really helps the user in the right way.

• It is because everyone have different perspectives on something.Getting thumb downs or attacked by people for honest answer is common on this site.Many people are seeking for approval,not advice.

I remembered I answered one question about eyes color.I said I have brown eyes.I got one thumb down:)

Does that make sense? No.What is that person point to down arrow someone who have brown eyes? The answer is haters gonna hate,no matter what you do.Sometimes people down arrow your answer because they dislike you for some reasons.

Not all answers we can take,maybe the realistic and logic one,even tho its "too direct" for some people.The most important one is honest,but not offensive.