Do you think we should be given the ability to remove our own posts on Girlsaskguys?

Do you think we should be given the ability to remove our own questions or answers on here?

Most Helpful Girl

• I sometimes think that or have an option where you can the question but it isn't shown in GaG; make the question inactive.

What Girls Said 15

• No, but moderators are a joke and shouldn't be able to remove whatever they want . There should be no deleting what so ever, convos should be documented, at the most maybe do like yahoo answers and hide answers because of down votes but they are still there to see if you want. I hate moderators they're ruining this site, they delete anything that THEY disagree with, even if its not breaking any GAG rules.

• @Zenqueen - Moderators can't remove what ever they want.

If they start removing stuff for no reason at all, or just because it offends them personally, all it takes is for someone to complain to Admin about it.

Deletions just make the post invisible. It still exists in the logs, and Admin can see it. If they see there's nothing wrong with the post, and the mod deleted it anyway, they can restore the post and take the mod position away from the user.

• Belgie, I appreciate the response and will be getting in contact with Admin, regarding a certian moderator..

• Belgie, why can't we delete our own questions or comments then? Even if it's a spamming issue, you still have the report spam button and, as you said, admins can see everything that has happened.

• Questions, no, because then whoever answered would have their answers/xper deleted as well, and I'm sure people would b!tch and moan about that even more than they complain about this.

As for answers, maybe. But then people would probably just delete any answers they posted that got too much negative feedback, or whatever...

If you ever have an issue or want a question/answer that you posted to be deleted, you can just contact GAG link and chances are they'll do it for you.

• Yes.

Sometimes I post things in a desperate act but I don't think it through and I wish I could fiddle with it/delete things.

• Yes, I think it should be our right to delete our own questions. Especially old ones that you no longer care if you gets answers for.

• Yes its a good idea.

• yeah. that'd be good.

• yea ..i don't see why not.

• Yea, I do think that.

• YES!

• People should think before they post.

So I personally don't see any point it it

• yea..that would be kinda cool

• yes, stupid admins :)

• meh, I don't see why we can't, so I guess so.

• Yes I agree

• no. everyone would be deleting left and right. it would be chaotic

What Guys Said 8

• Yes.

You can on Yahoo answers so it can be done & we should be allowed to do so.

• No. People will think before they post more often.

I personally dislike it when a troll is flaming and his comments get deleted. That's like destroying the evidence and making it easier for them to get away with being pricks.

• Heck yes, Sometimes people are drunk while posting, they ought to be able to delte what they said when they sober up.

• Yeah, I don't see how that would be a bad idea.

• absolutely

• well yes. sometimes it happens that I realize the question (or the answer) was not suitable to ask. I don't know how to deal with the xpers people get by answering my qustions but certainly I would like this feature.

• Sure do. Great idea!

• No. As some have said, there's already too many deletions going on around here. Giving everyone that power would be bad for the site.