What's the inspiration behind your username?

I see a lot of interesting username's on here and I often want to ask where they got them from or what there inspiration was. So what is the inspiration for your username?

I got mine from the dubstep DJ's Nero link I love them so freakin much, it also means genius in Finnish. Though I only recently learnt that.

Most Helpful Guy

• Mine is my username for my Pottermore account (randomly generated), but it's fairly new really... I'd changed my u/n a month or so ago from Ichierzen because my ex knew my name and would often read my questions/answers while we were dating, and I wanted my privacy back. And the source of that name was what I'd named my first trumpet about a decade ago.

• ooo, you're lucky you got onto Pottermore early, I still have to wait :'( what house are you in? lol

• What house do you think you'll get in to?

• haha nice :) ummm, I'm not sure. I hope I get into Slytherin, and I think I might. Either that or Ravenclaw. As long as its not Hufflepuff, I'm happy :P lol

What Guys Said 47

• When I was 19, and had my first car still (a black 1986 Camaro Z28), my friends and I came up with the idea of starting a car club. The idea was to paint all our cars the same color scheme (a variation of the black-with-red-stripe used on the A-Team van) and give our cars names that were more of designations than names. Had to be a word followed by a 2 digit number. Mine was Weapon 00. My friend Don's Monte Carlo SS was Riot 42, etc. I started using WeaponZero as my handle for everything after that.

• Last name is Emanuel. Shorten it to Eman than add the Mr title. It also helps that when said really fast it sounds like you're saying "Mystery Man". It's genius, I know.

• This is my real name...I guess I lack creativity, but I love my name!

• I saw the name a few years back on another site and thought it was pretty damn pithy. Thing is the name was myspace*bar*broke. I made the account at about 3AM and just typed "my" again. Guess that's what I get for trying to use someone else's material...

• link There it is.

• Mine was my employee ID from a job I used to have.

Yeah, I couldn't really think of anything interesting.

• woke up in the middle of the night. opened my fridge and saw a plate of sliced mangoes.

• My younger brother's friend called me rhino about 16 years ago one morning on the way to school. It stuck, as my real name is Ryan and I am a rhino in a LOT of ways.

• nice question, I use this name as my xbox live name and on a few other things but I'm starting to hate it because people are seeing an entire other word that I'm not to fond of. I came up with this years ago, I am an anime fan and a big one at that time and that's where I got the ANI and the KAJ are my initials

• for some reason people will tell me their secrets without me even asking. then people know I know secrets then get mad when I don't tell them. people need to have private business. that's why I hate Facebook and twitter. they are responsible for more breakups and friendship ruining than herpes and... twitter

• I am Russian, and "Sovetskii" is how you say "Soviet" in Russian. I also play ice hockey (as you can see in my profile picture), and my jersey number is 13. Put those together, and you get: Sovetskii13.

• Lupianwolf

I used to play neopets and you get loads of animals to choose from

I chose a wolf called Lupe so I called it Lupianwolf

I use that for most my accounts

• Em... Tea? =)

• My name is Mike and 5150 means this link

• Mine is from a movie called "The Outlaw Josie Wales" In there there is a scene when Josie, a former Confederate militia member who is on the run, encounter several Union soldiers (Everything takes place in the American civil war era) and Josie says," Are you boys going to pull them pistols or whistle Dixie?" Dixie being the confederate hymn.

• Need something to describe my mental retardation with relationships when I first signed up.

Bubbleboy the movie.

• manga fan

Bleach is one of my favorites,

i am a loner, I enjoy my solitude but I have had a real hard time finding people to socialize with

in storyline there is this character called Coyote Stark, and he is lonely because he can not have friends because they can not be near him so he splits himself in two and from there on he is not alone

so its just a fictional character that I just related to a lot

• I choosed the name zickzack, because the name which I former want to have, were been already in use. So I took a name, where I was sure, that it was not in use such like zickzack or klippklapp.

It `s possible, that I former enrolled here with my wish.names and I had forgotten it, because I am enrolled in some other forums.

The name zickzack symbolize a lightning, which make the darkness very quick bright.

• My name was supposed to mean I wish for a six pack. I created the username when I joined a food tracker website and I decided to use it for this site because I didn't think I would be here that long.

• Back in high school this girl and I were both making aim accounts together and we both used whoareyou, I think she came up with it and it just stuck ever since.

• I was playing Diablo 2 about a decade ago and my friend had a barbarian with this name. And I was always bad with making screen names so I borrowed it..

• I started using the alias "Rainman" a few years ago because of Eminem's song, for online gaming. Eventually I sometimes changed it to just "Rain" or "Rainizzle" or "Rain-Zzle".. things like that. And I that's how I eventually got Rizzle :p

• Innocence, promises, guilt... 3 pieces of art

• I got mine because I beleive that my views and thoughts on life,society,gov.,relegion,and war are extremely hated and I always speak the truth about the things I talk about.

And the 420 is obviously because I'm a pot smoker.

• rotflmfao = rolling on the floor laughing my f***ing ass off. it's a lame name, I know. my name was DominusSexus, but the admin of gag (LondonPrincess) changed my name to Temporary24 and ordered me to pick a new/less "rude" name. I asked her if it's possible to change my name to LondonPrince, but she said no. lol.

• btw, I always thought you were a fan of roman psychopath nero.

• haha I laughed at the london prince thing lol and nope, never heard of that guy, but I just read up on him then, seems like my name has a few references I didn't know about.

• I have a stuffed animal that I named Bellybutton when I was younger. He sometimes attracted lint, so the name stuck.

People think it's actually bellybutton lint, from a navel, but it's not.

• pavlove is a bonus track off of fobs last album. I like the fact that its pretty awesome but not many people know about it because its bonussss

• Good question haha. Mine comes from the Kevin Smith movie Clerks, specifically this line: "Salsa shark! We're gonna need a bigger boat! Man goes into cage. Cage goes into salsa. Sharks in the salsa. Our shark."

• It was a nick name given to me by my dad.

• Sc are my first to intitial and 14 and 16 are the only to # s I've ever worn for soccer

• More from Guys
    17

What Girls Said 34

• nice question.

I created mine randomly not thinking I'd be on the site long... But I like it and I've created its own meaning after a while, "zen" reminds me to stay laid back and down to earth about my answers, and the "queen" is for sort of motherly advice sometimes and I'm the mother f***ing queen. ahaha

• well you know how some named like john sweeney, people can call them jsween or someone named like karen federov people call her kfed (well in my school this is extremely popular, calling students or teachers that ) so mine would be smik and smik sounded like a real word (maybe mystic or something) so it sounded like esmik and I kept thinking it was a really word although it isnt, and I've always thought the spelling of aaron is kinda unique, with the double a, I love double a names, so putting it together I got esmiksaaron

• Mine came because I was sixteen years old when I began learning the dating game's rules and what everything means. Not much effort was put into it, but meh.

• Each word and number combo has something.

Brunette=I am brunette

Belle= my friend once told me that Belle was the smartest Disney princess and belle is my second favorite Disney princess.

1231= my birthday - if you ever have children don't have it on this day! Horrible birthday :(

• Mine is because I was a little ashamed of signing up... I've never signed up to a forum or anything before and I wanted to ask really personal questions hence the "Hidden".

The "P" is the first letter of my nickname.

• my nickname lol

• Well... I pretty much live on poptarts so I just threw on an "z" for good measure and called it a day :)

• joke about a friend's name... kind of weird/long story.

• You'd have to know me to understand why I am so FIERCE! RAWRRRRRRRR! =D

• Well...when I signed up I was married. LOL! I didn't want him finding me.

But,we're divorced now and I KNOW he won't find me here--this isn't his thing.

I HATE this name-it makes me feel OLD! lol

• I am free to be whoever I want to be and I embrace that to the fullest :) '007' because 7 is my lucky number :P and the day I was born on. Plus I love James Bond movies with the action and adventure! that's kinda how my dream life would be lived out in some ways

• zina-my name,the x's represent being straight edge,and the 2 is there cause it's my 2. account. yeah,i'm not very clever when it comes to names lol

• When I first got on here, like, six years ago, using x's in all your screen names was the cool thing to do. And my name is Megan. Now instead of having a cool name, I have a vaguely p*rnographic name.

• I bug got in my eye and I cried. Also. my name is Maria. My nickname is ria

• My perverted mind.

• Well I'm super fast and I admit I don't get angry a lot but when I do its like the abortion riots times 12 ALSO The Fast And The Furious series is AMAZING!

• IMO the first one kinda sucked cause it was a total ripoff of point break that wasn't as good. but theyve been getting continuously better since then and the last couple were pretty amazing. I think it was cheap though ending the last one with telling you letty was still alive. total cop out IMO

• haha I know I was sitting in the theater like WTF!

• Mine is loosely a derivation of my actual name. Loosely.

However it became my nick name to the point where there are people who genuinely believe it's my real name (in some states). I have work name tags with it on it.

Ps: <3 Nero

• My favorite homestuck character's internet chat handle. :B

• I love Chuck Palahniuk's book "invisible monsters" because I feel like it draws a lot of comparisons to my life but I choose to call myself an "invisible monster" because I'm attractive, intelligent and charming on the outside but on the inside I have a lot of problems and I screw people over on a regular basis...I'm a monster, most people just can't see it.

• Really, It is very random and simple.

Cuddle Muffin.

• Filomena was my nonnas' name & "Lady" because she was a Lady and deserved more than she got.

• Cause I want to stay young forever as cheesy as that may be :)

• character in a book I read - spelt the same way :)

• .my middle name.

• Meee

• just a random username. it was going to be InYourHeart, but I liked InMyHeart better.

• It's my nickname, I earned it

• Mine is strictly for anonymity; it has no character what so ever

• I have no idea how I got my name. I've tried to remember, but I can't.

• I love wearing fuzzy socks. =)

• More from Girls
    4