Have you ever asked a question on GaG and someone answered with a one word answer?

and you ask them to elaborate because you want to understand they just say 'I don't feel like it.'

It's like "well why did you bother answering? Just for the points huh?"

Grr lol

How annoyed do you get?

Most Helpful Guy

• Some do it for the 3 xper points. More power to them. I've had one word answers on my questions, and if they don't really want to explain why they feel the way they do about said subject, ugh, whatever. It just depends on the person, really. Some go all out on answering questions, some are blunt, short, sweet and the like. And then, oh then, there's the infamous one word answer.

What Girls Said 10

• Yerp but I don't get annoyed now if I asked them to elaborate and they didn't heck yeah I'd be a little peeved. Who spit in your bean curd?

• Lol! Yup, a lot of people are in it to win it nowadays.

• yes, one worded answers suck. they're not even answers

• Yes.

• Hahahahahahahahahahaha , Yeah I do that. Sometimes I only answered with one word, because someone else has already gave the answer/explanation that I would give.

• Yes!

• Yeah and It doesn't annoy me, it's whatever.

• lol, yes. Sometimes it gets annoying sometimes I just want a yes or no answer.

• All the time. I don't care.

• Why don't you care? Don't you want well thought out answers?

• Because sometimes I word my questions in a way where they can be answered with one word answers, but if my question asks specifically to elaborate and they don't, I just assume they don't know much about the subject to back up they're answer.

• LOL yeah, I hate that. >_> I always give +1 though and sometimes I want to not give the bastards a point but my OCD makes me.

What Guys Said 10

• i thought about just answering no on this to p*ss you off

• Not on here. In real life if I ask a direct question I get a direct answer. If I ask an open ended question I get a more lengthy response. I would say it is annoying when you ask an open ended question and someone tried to respond in one word. It usually means they are not listening to you, so yeah that's kind of disrespectful.

• exactly why answer if you are only going to give one word answers. When I answer I sometimes give a sentence or a couple of sentences

• Yes, it's a little annoying but not too bad.

• Nope

• Nope :D

• Yes

• Yep

• It doesn't bother me actually. The best thing to do is to word your question in such a way that the one word reply is nearly impossible. But remember no matter what you do, people might still reply with idk.

• yes I did. I don't care.

• Ofc and I don't get annoyed