People on GirlsAskGuys?

Does it seem to anyone else that they find better girlfriend/boyfriend potential people on GirlsAskGuys?

Like I meet so many girls here that I wonder why I can't find girls like them where I live. It seems like I have bad luck because if I just lived in an area more populated with girls like them, I'd be so much happier.

Any other thoughts on this?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, I think that there ARE people in your area like the girls you meet on here. However:

1. People on GAG are automatically open about their views/opinions, since this is an advice site. In real life, you have to meet and get to know people to get to know their views/opinions, and that generally takes more time and effort.

2. It's kind of a luck game as to whether or not you meet people who fit what you're looking for in a relationship. You're bound to meet a lot of people who don't, and you might not approach people who do (perhaps you don't find them physically attractive, or aren't initially drawn to them, or maybe they're already in a relationship).

3. Keep in mind that this is the Internet. People sometimes misrepresent themselves, believe they are a certain way when really they're not, or give what they think are the "correct" answers/opinions about things, but that doesn't mean they actually adhere to those things in their own lives (i.e. most girls will say that they're "down-to-earth" and hate drama, but in reality, a lot of these girls are the opposite; or a girl might talk about how important she thinks trust is to a relationship, but in reality she's very mistrustful toward the guys she dates).

• This, exactly. Your third point is what I would have added to the answers other people gave, lol, then I saw that you already filled it in. =P

What Girls Said 4

• I have a guy friend who have multiple times told me and my friend "Why can't I find girls like you two!?" because we are perfect girl material. But he did not know until all of us had become friends. I guess people here are more open? Maybe? I am at least. :3

• I was thinking the same thing. I know that I can be more open and not worry about being judged. I don't know if I'm the only one thinking this.

• No you are, that's why I feel like I asked this

I guess we all share a common reason why we are here. That's why we get 2 know each other better.

• No. I'm just on here for fun and to get answers and to answer questions when I'm bored. But I don't view this as a device to meet people or a live social thing.

• People on GAG are just the same as in real life. Only you don't know everyone in real life's thoughts. Here, you get a glimpse into peoples' personalities, interests, religious beliefs, sexual wants, etc. and it gives you a false sense of security that you know them.

What Guys Said 7

• The girls on 'GAG' are just like the girls that live around you except that you're actually coming into contact with them. For all you know, a girl that's staring at you could be thinking the same thing as many girls here are thinking, as an example.

• Maybe the people describing the girls here aren't totally impartial.

• yea I have noticed that. I have been looking for one for four years and I have found one girl that I really like on here and it only took me a month

• I feel the exact opposite. I'm only here to give and recieve advice but I'm open minded to meet people here who share similarities

• I thought so aswell, I've even posted a question similar to this. I guess majority of the girls & guys here are the exceptions in our society.

• actually no, a lot of the girls on here I would run from in reality, could name a few off the top of my head too

some I even liked but once you get to know them... o_o

• There are a few girls I wouldn't mind getting with, but quite naturally she's no where near me.