Should GirlsAskGuys make you give a reason for blocking someone?

All in the question, should GAG make you provide a (detailed) reason to block another user?

I'm not saying that you wouldn't be allowed to block the user if your reason wasn't "good" enough, you're just made to provide a reason.

And that opens another door to a question, if GAG were to begin doing this, should the blocked user be notified? And should they be able to dispute it?

Thoughts please.

Most Helpful Guy

• It shouldn't be made a bigger deal than what it is.

However, it's cowardly to block behind an anonymous shield where we cannot block back. Being informed of who blocked you would be reasonable enough.

Some trolls make new accounts and take cheap shots without being seen... that's just unacceptable.

What Girls Said 3

• No, but I like dlO_olb is right on about the notification when someone blocks you. I just want to know when I am blocked, so they don't answer my questions.

• I think the person who has been blocked should be notified, but I don't see a point in having people give a reason why. If I'm notified every time someone blocks me, then I'd know who to avoid.

• Well the point would be knowing why, what was it that you did to get on this persons bad side.

And maybe how to avoid it in the future.

• well, in my case, I really don't care why lol.

• 'Well the point would be knowing why, what was it that you did to get on this persons bad side'- with some of the sensitive soft ass people on this site it barely takes anything to get blocked, it's happened to me more than a few times.

• I don't particularly care for the reason why someone blocked me but it would be nice to know who did block me.

What Guys Said 4

• i'm not too concerned with a reason for being blocked but I would definitely liked to be alerted to it as soon as it happens. it's only fair to have a choice of blocking their ass back or leaving it alone. I wouldn't bother with disputing it either, to me those who have me blocked are dead to me anyway, so eff them.

• that would be very effective on cracking down on trolls and offensive people. I personally don't mind,if they added it would be very effective. I don't know if I would use it, I don't block people because I don't see a reason to do so.

• I only have two users blocked and it's because they couldn't agree to disagree, I tried to just ignore them but they kept coming at me, did what had to be done.

• i hear ya, I say to everyone " Let the haters hate!" =)

• It would be nice to know who has blocked me.

• Notification would be cool