Which questions do you answer most on GaG?

Does the sex of the asker play a role in how likely you are to answer their question? Please check your answer records to see if you can spot a trend, in case you have an unconscious tendency.

• I am much more likely to answer questions asked by the opposite gender.
  • I am slightly more likely to answer questions asked by the opposite gender.
  • Gender plays no role for me (even subconsciously).
  • I am slightly more likely to answer questions asked by the my own gender.
  • I am much more likely to answer questions asked by my own gender.
Thanks for your answers everyone! I was truly just curious about whether or not the gender of the asker affects your interest, but all the other info is interesting too!

Most Helpful Guy

• Might as make my criteria explicit. If you want me to answer your question, there are things you should do, and things you shouldn't.

Things you should do:

-Talk with your partner. If your partner can answer the question, I would expect you to ask them.

-Look it up first. If you can Google it, I would expect you to do so.

-Have a real problem. "I need attention!" I don't care.

-Rely on shoddy reporting, junk science, or sloppy thinking. I love takedowns.

Things you should not do:

-Rant. "Ranty rant evil hatehatehate!" Is there a question there? No, no need to answer. And if it's racist/sexist/homophobic/illegal, I'm removing the question.

-Hold a pity party. "[Society/men/women/p*rn/the media] hate my [penis/boobs/butt/belly/labia/experience/inexperience], that's why I can't get a date." Wrong; you're a basket case who radiates insecurity at twenty paces, that's why you're dateless. Fix the insecurity, the dates come.

-Fish for compliments. "Will boys/girls like my [whatever]?" It depends. Now go away.

-Be fantastically ignorant. "I had unprotected sex..." Then you can get pregnant. No need to ask. If you can't figure that out, you're beyond anyone's help.

-Be fantastically selfish. "My partner doesn't kiss my ass and do everything I tell them." Not their job. P.S.: You don't deserve a partner, and won't have one once they dump you.

What Guys Said 9

• I will not answer if:

- The person sounds superficial

- The person gives me a feeling the (s)he will not appreciate or heed my advice

- The question is too long and/or convoluted

- The user has me blocked

- The user has restricted my gender from answering#

- The use of English language is poor*

- The question is related to penis size*

- The question is related to religion*

- The question is common sense*

* = I will sometimes answer though often mockingly

# = I will sometimes answer regardless of restrictions

• To answer your question: I answer everything except the above and gender does not play a factor at all >.<

• sooo.. I see you barely answer anything..

• Basically, lol. I will often read questions without bothering to answer.

• I tend to answer questions from girls a bit more often than from guys, but I mostly look for interesting subject lines, and not really at the gender of the person posting.

• I answer way more from girls but that is partially because I just am more interested in them BUT more because girls usually ask for guys opinions and guys ask for girls opinions. I am interested in all.

• Not necessarily, but I'm sure that a majority of guys would rather converse with a woman as opposed to another guy.

• it seems like most of the ones that I answer are the ones that get deleted

• To be it depends on how many answers the question has already. If it is something like "what was he/she thinking'' or ''what did he/she mean by...'' and I see it has like 10+ answers (regardless of what gender answer more) I will skip it. I figure someone already answered what I would put so no point in repeating it.

Oh and if a question has poor grammar and spelling I will reply just to be an a**hole to tell them their grammar/spelling suck. But I won't answer whatever question they asked (if I can read it in the first place).

• I am prejudiced..I like females..and not just for sex..I have lots of female friends..I answered "B" I answer male questions if they are interesting...

• No...it depends upon what the question IS...But I suspect a lot of guys will prefer to answer questions from the ladies so as to maybe get a romantic thing going...just my opinion/

• my own gender. feels safer because I'm far to fully understand a girl

What Girls Said 9

• I don't really care.

This site IS called "Girls ask Guys," however, and the point is that you ask the opposite gender about the problems that plague your love life and whatnot.

It doesn't really matter, though LOL. A question is a question, unless it's something like, "NEED HELP WITH THIS GUY I KNOW. ONLY BOYS ANSWERS PLEASE!"

I hate questions like that haha.

• Me too! Girls could still have insight... I hate when people make a big deal over who should answer and who shouldn't. Questions and polls should have options for anyone who wants to share their opinion. If you really don't want to hear answers from a certain group, just don't look at those ones!

• Exactly! ha ha

I mean, it's not like guys or girls have better knowledge about one thing than the other. Well, there are a few exceptions, but the majority of the time, it's not like that way.

• Well my top rank is other -"Top Category Rank 62 Other", so I guess I answer "other" the most. I just go to recent questions and look for stuff I have an answer for. No, the gender doesn't matter to me.

• I answer everything that interests me

• the thing that puts me off the most is when the question asker is anonymous. it just bothers me and/or I don't notice the question because ijust kind of skip the ones with anon icons.

• C: Gender plays no role for me (even subconsciously).

• Gender has nothing to do with whether or not I'm gonna answer a question

• i don't care about gender I only answer questions I can relate too and have a good commentary on.

• I don't care about gender, anonymous or not. I answer on all of them, whatever looks interesting or even semi interesting, or if it is something I know how to answer. I don't like the Break Up section though, I like never go there.

• I usually stick with the recent questions and answer a few of those. I don't discriminate between sex or gender or anything. but if the question is really long, I'm skipping it