Have you notice that the number of down votes are increasing?

when I ask a question I notice that nearly everybody gets a down vote for their answer. and when I give an answer I get a down vote as well. I think some people on this site is just giving down vote for the fun of it. what do you think?

• Yes
  • No
  • Don't pay attention to votes

Most Helpful Guy

• There are a number of reasons why. If the person isn't anonymous, they could have a stalker who constantly gives downvotes. Keeping one's profile on private will reduce the likelihood that they will find every question you answered to rate.

They might even be your friend but secretly hate you. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer type of deal. Then keeping your profile private won't help.

The question asker wants validation in your answer or believes a certain thing contrary to your opinion. Then you will get down votes. Like someone who believes they should wait till marriage and will give down votes to all those who feel that waiting is stupid.

Personally I don't care too much about the votes. I'm not here to win a popularity contest afterall.

What Guys Said 3

• There are people without a life who surf the site constantly and downvote anyone who doesn't agree with them about a question. Sad!

• Yeah I don't hardly ever post anything anymore without getting one or more down arrows...I could claim the sun sets in the west and get down arrows. Seems like people were generally more cranky as we got into August...and they don't like if you have more friends than them or they don't like your sexual preferences..or they had a difference of opinion with you...

• Trolls be trollin it seems :\ and instead the admins ban people who actually do answer questions and don't blatantly troll douchebaggery. Site's going bleh...

What Girls Said 5

• Actually I used to get way more downvotes and abuse. What is this guys? Getting really slack...

• A: Yes - I think GaG has a few trolls.

• Yeah I usually get a couple downvotes lately. Just yesterday I signed in I had 4 notifs in my answers section and every answer was downvoted. I asked a question a couple weeks ago and a guy said I was really attractive and he was voted down a couple times... that made me feel kind of like sh*t. :(

• this is why I post mostly anon. that way I can't get a weirdo who stalks me and down votes all my answers. I notice that a lot of people have garnered reputations for their opinions on stuff and there's some personality conflicts. that or someone thinks they're funny and are easily entertained and/or immature.

• Yes it is because many people here seem started to be more honest.This site is full with some crying babies who take internet stuff as something personal and serious.There are many possibilities for the downvotes.They probably disagree with our answer or they dislike us for some reasons.