Why do people post questions and then hate on your answers?

Some people post questions and then hate on the answers you give if it was not exactly what they wanted to hear. Does this happen a lot to other people?

• Yes. Some people do hate on my answers. I guess they are having a bad day.
  • No. People never hate on my answers. I am the bomb! :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Because they are not really asking a Question..they are seeking reinforcement and are unhappy when they do not receive it...I agree that it is wrong and I try not to do that...but I am not always successful...):

• Hello Taster... Yes. I agree. And yes, even though we are wise, we are still human... (:

What Guys Said 6

• I rarely post questions. Actually I don't know how it seems. I tried. It doesn't seem to work.

I managed once or twice. Too bad I forget what I did but that's my memory for you.

ANSWERING questions is a cinch.

• cause they can't take the truth -_q

• because they feel the need to either be a troll or just some idiot that doesn't know how to take advice or listen to constructive criticism.

• Some people think:

-It's offensive

-Stupid

-Not what they want to hear.

Not sure what else it would be.

• Because they suck!

• To prove their initial preconception about the topic true.

What Girls Said 9

• Occasionally, lol, when they're looking for a specific type of answer to validate what they're already convinced is true, and I say something that contradicts that.

• I hear ya. Sometimes that can get ugly. I try to just walk away. (Metaphorically of course)

• Pretty much, that's about all you CAN do in some of these situations, lol.

• smiles

• Ahh its common.I started to realize few months after I joined this site.Some people are seeking for approval instead of advise.They can't handle the truth really.

I got bashed few times for being honest.Still I don't have any plan to be an ass kisser like some people.

Being an ass kisser doesn't help the QA to solve their problems but just getting their appoval apart from targetting for BA.Anyway that's what the QA wanna hear O_o

• <3<3<3 =D

• This is true. I try to word it gently if it could offend, but I'm honest.

• Well, sometimes people actually do give sh*tty answers.

But more often, it's that you aren't giving them the answer that they wanted to hear/they're just looking for someone to validate what they were already thinking.

• I picked B... I usually get positive feedback on my answers because of how polite I am no matter the question or situation, but don't get me wrong. I have had some head cases go a-wall because my opinion wasn't to their liking

• haha... maybe you should mentor the rest of us... smiles...:)

• I posted a question on here LONG time ago about why people are so rude and why they hate on each other, one person actually wrote "this answer this deserves all the hate it gets" another wrote "I wish someone would burn down your house"...now you tell me, why would someone post that comment on here when you're "just" asking?

People will just answer with stupid comments, some answer for xper points, some users are just on here to troll and don't care about other peoples feelings, and some have no lives so they answer with a "gett a lifeee you dumbbb F$#&" Now I think users with those responses should be removed from the site right away. Which is why there are mods and super mods to remove/delete questions and comments.

There is enough hate in the world, why hate on here too?

• eh...we don't always agree...but I still love you! <3<3<3 =D

• yes because lots of people post questions only looking for positive affirmation.. Those questions like "which girl would you choose" that are super biased and the "does he like me" questions are good examples of people who already have an opinion and just want answerers to agree with them, hence why I try to stay away from those.

• I only hate if people are rude/disrespectful however I don't care if some one believes any differently than me. Like how some people are just stupid and immature. Like that one guy, who is jealous of my sexy ass

• LOL! I have defended you enuf times...your sexy a$$ seems to need rescuing...O:O (:

• I bet that is an interesting story, but yes it sounds as if it could be annoying.

• It is because I did give an honest answer No man can handle me !

• yeah, it happens a lot. they just want you to tell them what they want to hear.

• For me I don't mind other people having a different opinion, but what I can't stand is when people start offending others because they don't agree!

• Offending others? How is that?

• well not all the time obviously but sometimes I see some people say what they think and it starts an argument between users til they insult each other and then it's got nothing to do with the question!