What's the deal with a private profile?

Isn't that the same thing as asking or answering anonymously?

Updates:
I hope you all realize that it would be pure hypocrisy of me to award any of you as best answer.

0|0
8|4

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 7

• It's a good way to keep your general profile, as well as all of your questions and answers private from the public. I think it's kind of pointless, but whatever, some people like their privacy.

0|0
    0|0
  • no. it's not the same thing.

1|1
    0|0
  • to keep pervs and creepy people away.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well sometimes other users sort of "stalk" you when your profile is not private.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because it's not fair to have my profile public when some other individual has it private and is all over my profile being nosey.

0|0
    0|0
  • I hear it's to prevent stupid ass mods from trolling your comments and questions and deleting them unjustifiably, simply because they got something unpleasant stuck up their worthless ass.

1|1
    0|0
  • um no. it just means friends can see your profile, but everyone can see your questions and answers

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• When you make your profile private, it also takes away people's ability to randomly IM you. After I became a moderator, I got lots of random messages from people I didn't know about site issues they should have taken up with administration. So I made my profile private.

0|0
    0|0
  • They're either afraid of people they know, trolls or perverts finding them.

0|0
    0|0
    • Haha, in a way. I myself have a private profile because someone I knew managed to find me but was unawares as to my identity. Close call.

• Idk but girls seem to do it because they don't want previous looking at their profile pictures.

0|1
    0|0
  • So some random person can't hit me up on chat that I don't know.

0|0
    0|0