Why is it not possible to comment on answers anonymously?

You ask a question anonymously, you can answer anonymously (unless the QA has blocked that of course), but you can't comment on an answer anonymously. How come?

Most Helpful Guy

• just can't because then people will troll/insult you and you would never know, as well it would be confusing if two people commented on your answer anonymously then you wouldn't know which is which.

What Guys Said 4

• Nobody likes getting trolled on their answers. You can understand it more if you ask a question, but when you are trying to give advice, having somebody make rude remarks is just annoying. I like it because it encourages people to answer questions.

• But you can also troll on question by answering them anonymously, cause that is possible, opposed to commenting anonymously. I just wanted to know why the one is possible and the other not.

• Good point, no idea.

• Trolling

• I don't know-but I wish that's something that could possibly change later on.

What Girls Said 7

• It's unnecessary

1) This is the internet, we're already anonymous, so this whole "anonymous" feature on here is a bonus, so people should be happy to even have it.

2) We have the option of allowing anonymous answers or not allowing anonymous answers. If you're a user who gets trolled a bit, then you know better than to allow anonymous answers

3) It would be impossible to tell who is who. Sometimes we have conversations with multiple users and it would just be confusing to tell who is saying what if you're carrying on multiple conversations

It's unnecessary. Seems to me like this is just another reason to complain about something on here

• I'm not a big fan of too many anonymous features at all. If you haven't noticed, I haven't complained at all, I was just asking why the other anonymous features are there, while this one isn't. So I don't quite understand why say that about me.

• That would just make it easier for people to troll/hate, and we couldn't simply block them because they're anonymous. Plus, it would be hard to tell who is saying what is more than one anonymous person comments on an answer. I think it's fine the way it is.

• Idk... I wish we could... It gets annoying!

• Imagine how sh*t would be... LOL

• I wonder too. It's annoying.

• great question. I'm sure that'll be the next feature they add to this site

• Anonymous comments would just make for even more trolling. There's no real need to be anonymous to comment imo. Just too much logistics. You wouldn't be able to tell anonymous commenters from one another either...

• Yes that makes sense and I'm with that. But then why is answering questions anonymously possible? Wouldn't it be best if you could only ask questions anonymously? Cause you can troll and insult very easily by just answering a question anonymously...

• Hmmm, I guess that's true. Well, thanks for the info.

• Sure. Just my thoughts.